2016/05/07 21:22:14
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Wanted to go yesterday, but my back kept reminding me about fighting the wind Thursday. Ended up going this afternoon instead. Slower day today. One legal eye and 3 short ones. Had one of those doorknobs BTDT speaks of buzz me.
2016/05/07 21:27:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Got on the lake bright and early this mid morning, lots of boats and shore fisherman tossing, flinging, cranking, dragging and, bouncing what ever it  was they were using, trying to, catch fish.

I joined right in, first trying my luck with jigs then going to Shadow Raps on a three way rig hoping to catch one or two of the fishy pictures, I was seeing on my sonar, swimming 22 ft. down in 28 FOW.

Wind was from the south and pushing the boat just a bit faster then I like so I resorted to plan "B' which calls for towing a Hot-N-Tot from one side of the boat and a Wally diver from the other side.  By this time I was nearing "Area 41" so I tried pulling the lures  80 ft back and south bound, in 17 - 18 FOW while following the contour along the East shore line, maintaining 1.5 to 1.7 MPH til I reached the Dam.

Having reached my destination and not seeing one fishy picture, I resorted to plan "C"; stow the walleye gear and bring out the ultra-light.  

Just getting into the rhythm of flinging 1/32 oz jigs over new found fishy pictures hovering at 15 - 17 ft in 20 FOW with now calm seas when, my buddy Bill informs me we have about 30 minutes to evacuate the area unless I wish to get wet. 

Looks like I, and the better half, shall be doing our next fish dinner at one of the fine restaurants mentioned afore.

FYI, should my friend Bill advise, you have 30 minutes to exit or get wet........... it would be best to listen.

Noooo, I just backed the Fish Hawk into her birth when the sky's opened up. 

Tight lines and good times.

2016/05/07 21:42:34
bottom troller
BTDT, thanks for a great report/story I enjoy your stories! I am heading up to the pymie in the a.m for one week of fishing excited to say the least maybe I will even catch something I will try to post my reports!

Tight lines to all and to all a good night!
2016/05/07 22:25:44
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks for the flowers Troller, I do enjoy my fishing and I'm certainly not shy about being long winded talking about it.

Hope the weather stays in your favor, good luck fishing and FYI, find that guy calls himself crappie-slayer, the name is really a "throw off", I hear he knows a thing or two about walleye fishing.

2016/05/08 08:05:02
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Lol. Just branching out from strictly crappie fishing. I still have alot to learn about the walleye fishing, but I'm figuring out where to find a few.
2016/05/08 09:37:12
bottom troller
I am always learning. I am branching out from walleye to crappie/panfish! I would rather be lucky than good any day !
2016/05/08 10:48:46
mopars0
I seem to be having trouble hitting the lake this year so far, ya know honey do things ... Lol. First wife decided we needed a new walk in shower which I must say I really enjoy it ... Now she decided we need to close in our front porch & 2 new Windows , storm door all that good stuff .... About ready to see if Giant Eagle sales walleye 🍺🍺..... Hopefully this week sometime I can hit the water ....
2016/05/08 11:13:25
Walleye jigs
Yes they do!!! Since btdt never offers to share.
2016/05/08 20:43:37
BeenThereDoneThat.
Whaaaaaaa.............. Di,  do nowwww???

I thought everybody knew that's where I get my fish........  except on Fridays.
2016/05/08 22:07:03
bottom troller
Ok got set up today got a late start fishing but found some nice perch and crappie shallow in the south end! I think I'm going north tomorrow! It was a beautiful evening when the wind stopped!!πŸ‘

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account