2016/05/06 08:46:27
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Looks like a repeat of yesterday wind wise. South end would probably be a scary ride today, but the north end should have a great chop on it. Looking awful tempting to go out again this evening. Might hit it with my dad after work. Good luck to those who get out today
2016/05/06 08:53:40
outasync
Was nice drifting wind. Already have white caps starting now. Getting a bit rough lol
2016/05/06 09:51:39
Chasing Tale 165
Heading up in the am
2016/05/06 13:32:05
BeenThereDoneThat.

GUESS WHO

Is having fish for dinner tonight boys.
                                                                          But I ain't spot burning this story!!!                
                                                                                So I ain't tellin' which

Restaurant 

2016/05/06 13:39:57
outasync
Transfer carinis!!! Lol we only managed 11 crappie this morning. Kept 4 from 11 to 14 inches the rest were 9 to 10 inches.
2016/05/06 19:19:53
CAPTAIN HOOK
Carini's Cajun Haddock was excellent today ! Hope there's some left for you !!!! LOL  
2016/05/06 20:31:03
BeenThereDoneThat.
Deep fried at Granthams Landing intersection of Rt 173 and Georgetown Rd. Just past Wilhelm.

Ha haaa!
2016/05/06 20:47:49
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Deep fried at Granthams Landing intersection of Rt 173 and Georgetown Rd. Just past Wilhelm.

Ha haaa!
not sure about deep fried but they sure have a Gooood Breakfast 😜
2016/05/06 21:19:15
treesparrow
BTDT, I have spent quite a bit of my life around Sandy Lake, and eaten in Granthams more around the time it opened than present. How was their fish? I am usually disappointed with most all restaurants fish meals of any style cooking.
Hope it was great and you enjoyed your meal.

C.H., I have to try Carini's one of these Fridays.

I had a baked Cod lunch at Eaten Park the other day that was fair however on the skimpy side as far as the serving of fish was concerned. The hostess asked me if I enjoyed the meal and I replied that it was good however when I eat fish I like to eat lots of fish. I commercial fished for a number of years and ate huge quantities of fish. Of course we worked very hard in very adverse conditions. I also decked on River Boats and we ate very very well, with the same hard work and out in all weather. That little piece of Cod would have been a joke in either venue.
2016/05/07 08:46:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
treesparrow I am quite picky when it comes to fish prepared at a restaurant.  Whenever I am in doubt, I order extra tartar sauce and sometimes cocktail sauce, just to be on the safe side.  My choice is deep fried beer batter but last night, I enjoyed a deep fried dry coating with no need for either sauce.  Mac & cheese was tasty as was the coleslaw and the service is friendly along with a nice atmosphere.  

I know the fish can be ordered deep fried or baked but I don't know if they serve, other styles such as Cajun or garlic flavored (blehhh)  Roasted garlic good, garlic on fish bad!!

Something I've learned over the years regarding fish at restaurants; get there early when the cooking oil is freshest and can be maintained at the right temperature otherwise, when busy, the oil becomes heavy with burnt coating, seasonings (especially that Cajun stuff) and, the oil seldom gets back to the correct temperature allowing the coating to be come saturated. (nasty )

However we all know, when it comes to a fish fry; "there's no place like home".

Steve, I must agree, whenever I stopped for breakfast (been a while) I never had a complaint except, it was too darned early to be out of bed.

Tight lines and good times.

PS.  Treesparrow if and when eating at Carini's;  be hungry and, their bread..........  yummy!!! 
PSS.  Sorrry about the thread burn....

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account