2016/06/10 08:20:05
DipseyD
Hey guys !

Long time lookie-lou here, always have enjoyed the back and forth banter and good natured ribbings.

I am typically up in Erie trolling for fish, but the drive isn't always easy for me (getting old). I hail from Meadville and have been thinking about giving Pymy a shot. I am not looking to encroach on anyone's walleye spots. I can't run my motor at Pymy, so on trolling motor only for now.

Lake Erie has been a rough SOB for the last week, and a few guys I took earlier this week decided to do a fair bit of "chumming". I have some family coming up on Saturday, and from the looks of the wave forecast for Erie....it will be a no go for me. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some catfishing. I have heard a ton about the good cat fishing in Pymy.

I am looking to drag around some crawlers, and maybe some liver. Is it a decent time of year to hit Pymy for cats ? I am familiar with the north end from years ago in my 14' aluminum boat, and the islands. I know how to get to the south end due to working in Andover when the causeway was closed years ago, and I had to drive the long way around the lake through Jamestown.

Anyone doing any good with Cats ??

Thanks guys !
2016/06/10 08:58:30
ShenangoEyes
Oddly enough, not really. I haven't caught a decent sized cat in 4 trips to pymy in the last 2 weeks. Walleyes have been slow too. However, each time up I've picked up enough crappie and perch to make for a decent pull. I've mostly been trolling cranks with some harnesses mixed in.
2016/06/10 09:19:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
DipsyD,  ever fished Shenango, no horsepower limit there?
2016/06/10 09:42:16
outasync
I've caught some nice cats, smallmouth bass, largemouth and perch lately to make up for the walleye being slow. I was planning on going to the north end next week and learning some of it but I got called back to work so my 3 month Vaca has ended
2016/06/10 11:51:10
opsman
Shiners, deep  Tried to post some pics but no go.  Many over the 10lb range in the last few years.  Going to keep working on that picture thing
2016/06/10 22:17:01
chauncy
Caught quite a few nice eater size cats in Linesville a week ago Wednesday on minnows, right in the stump field.
2016/06/11 08:59:22
opsman
think i figured this out

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2016/06/11 09:02:19
opsman
Trying to find my old files that had bigger ones, but there are nice ones in there!

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2016/06/11 18:10:55
DipseyD
Nice fish opsman, a few like that would make me happy.

BTDT, I found out a long time ago I don't like Shenango. At least not in the prime boating season.

Probably will head out of Linesville and hot the channel or islands.....or maybe manning. I am looking for eaters, maybe 2 or three for my step-dad to take home.

I will report back with what we find. Since I got my new boat I haven't been to a local lake in years......maybe Conneaut Lake once a year for pleasure boating (uhg). Wind is churning Erie a bit so want to try something I have not done in years......simple catfishing.

I will be up at Erie on Wed, Thursday and Friday....heard of a decent bite off NE. Then off to Pittsburgh to the Ohio river. Maybe back to Erie Sunday.

Thanks.
2016/06/11 18:48:16
opsman
Don't forget. Linesville is closed!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account