2016/03/28 12:38:04
workcanwait....
Last year I caught my first muskie landed a few while visiting a friend in eastern PA.
Tried fishing Woodcock for them last summer a handful of times produced a few lil ones(20 inches).
Been trying French Creek and landed my 1st muskie out of there last week 32 in and had a lot of follows from bigger fish which just got me more interested.
I respect the wisdom present here and was wondering if anyone wanted to give me some advice.
I live in Edinboro area and have researched a lot online as far as where to go not really asking for anyones hot spots looking more for advice on which conditions are best and techniques used.
I been just tossing stickbaits(ALL my success so far has come from same lure) and spinners.
Any help would be appreciated feel free to PM me...WCW
2016/03/28 13:00:18
bassackwards
workcanwait....
Last year I caught my first muskie landed a few while visiting a friend in eastern PA.
Tried fishing Woodcock for them last summer a handful of times produced a few lil ones(20 inches).
Been trying French Creek and landed my 1st muskie out of there last week 32 in and had a lot of follows from bigger fish which just got me more interested.
I respect the wisdom present here and was wondering if anyone wanted to give me some advice.
I live in Edinboro area and have researched a lot online as far as where to go not really asking for anyones hot spots looking more for advice on which conditions are best and techniques used.
I been just tossing stickbaits(ALL my success so far has come from same lure) and spinners.
Any help would be appreciated feel free to PM me...WCW

If you live in Edinboro, you are missing one heck of a good musky fishery. I like overcast windy days, lower light conditions, using the same lures you speak of. Also, speed......I like to keep the lure moving pretty fast, but sometimes the fish have to tell you what they want. If you miss a bunch at the boat, or have followers that side out on you, maybe time to change your presentation.

Some guys swear by figure 8's, but I have never had much luck.

Also, don't be afraid of big shiners and/or chubs, Expecially for French creek.
2016/03/28 14:50:21
workcanwait....
Thanks for reply...I know they are out there to be caught but have much to learn.
Was thinking live bait for my next time out any advice on rigging.
WCW
2016/03/28 19:05:06
anzomcik
Get in touch with Todd Young at MCfishnguides.com. You will not find a more knowledgeable guide around, no other guide in our area is more decorated with tournament wins and fish in the boat.

There is a lot of good information for our area if you dig a little.

I also live in Edinboro if you need a very local musky guy to talk to.
2016/03/29 10:30:11
workcanwait....
Anzomcik thanks for info will check Todds site out.
Its a dream of mine to hold a fish like the one your holding in your profile pic.
I'll keep playing around been fishing since I could walk and no better way to learn then getting out there.
I have a lil 12 ft boat and gear more suited for walleye and bass fishing but I am trying...WCW 
2016/03/29 11:01:33
outasync
You'd be suprised at what will hit a size 5 mepps this time of year ;)
2016/03/29 11:16:21
crappiefisher
workcanwait....
Thanks for reply...I know they are out there to be caught but have much to learn.
Was thinking live bait for my next time out any advice on rigging.
WCW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNiR_wfxxCk

2016/03/29 11:17:34
workcanwait....
What should I be using as leader Steel or heavy floro...WCW

2016/03/29 12:16:19
Big Steve
If fishing with live bait use a quick strike rig, https://www.muskyshop.com...rsHybrid2HookSuckerRig

Dahlberg makes something he calls the magic hook for live bait.

I like a 100-130# crimped flouro leader for casting.
2016/03/29 13:24:17
anzomcik
The fish do not care what boat your fishing out of, your gear well its better to have the proper gear but is doable with heavy bass gear. Good gear will make musky fishing easier (a big cat fish rod doesnt count as a musky rod), release tools are a must. 

Be warned to get set up correctly with a good basic setup, including tools, baits, box, rod, reel, line... ready to fish and not feel lacking you would have about $800-$1000 in the setup. It isnt a cheap fish to target if your going to do it with gear designed to do it.

I know people will say "well i use this bass bait and use that cheap rod/reel, you dont need all that stuff...."  all i can say is yes that can work, but you would be outfished 99 days out of 100 using musky gear, compaired to settleing for cheap stuff

WCW my avatar is a musky i caught in Edinboro for what that is worth

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account