• Northwest PA
  • What's the weirdest thing you caught a fish on ? (p.2)
2016/09/05 12:09:05
Even though it's sold and marketed as a fishing bait, I still can't believe how many trout and steelhead I catch on the Bubblegum (bright pink!) Berkley Trout worms. In the past 6 years I've caught more trout - including wild browns on the Little Juniata River and wild brook trout in the Laurel Higlands - and steelhead than on any other live or artificial bait I've used.
2016/09/05 20:11:55
CAPTAIN HOOK
I've  slammed the Steelhead in past years on the white Trout worms! 

A buddy of mine caught a nice 10lb. N.Y. Brown on day, claimed he was using a single green pea on a float !

They work (rubber Trout worms ) just require some patience and practice.  
2016/09/05 20:46:09
JRSR
Years ago fishing on Buffalo Creek in Armstrong county I saw a trout hit  a cigarette butt floating down the stream. It was about 10am and the trout weren't hitting much after the morning bite. I asked a buddy for a cigarette butt, put it on the hook and caught a 14" rainbow on the first cast. Tried again without success. While field dressing the fish it had 2 cigarette butts in it's stomach.
2016/09/05 20:57:26
CAPTAIN HOOK
They work (rubber Trout worms ) just require some patience and practice.  

I felt so ridiculous the first time I used those things.  I bought them early in the AM at Poor Richards and was having an OK day with shiners and single eggs.  I busted out the pink ones in the late afternoon and had one of the best 3 hour stretches of steelhead fishing I've ever had.  
2016/09/05 22:04:42
crappiefisher
 Limit ov Slabs on bare #14 hook. 

crappy
2016/09/06 08:05:00
chauncy
Just gonna say Flying Lure. Worked off a dock one day. Only time they worked.
2016/09/06 08:34:15
old dog
great ......now that is one more thing that you made me go out and buy.  my wife is so mad at you, rsquared.  our kids' inheritance is now in my tackle bags....lol

just go fishing with us old dog.  i usually have about 3 or 4 packs of 'em in my vest.  

reminds me of this quote (forget who said it) - "my greatest fear in life is that when i'm dead, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what i told her i paid for it."  
2016/09/06 09:48:09
CAPTAIN HOOK
JRSR, that's crazy!  Good reply Old Dog ! .. LOL

I totally believe it because I gutted a 15" stocked Rainbow one time and it had a white plastic cigar tip, a large wad of white chewing gum, and a white colored stone all inside of it's stomach!

I've gutted a number of stockies years ago that had the "gold swivels" only inside their belly !
2016/09/06 11:30:59
Walleye jigs
I caught a nice fish on a fishing pole!! No joke!!! However it was not my pole! Someone's pole must have been pulled in. No one near me claimed it, I don't know why, unless it was their only pole and left after they lost it. Anyway at the end of the day I gave it to the first kid I passed.
2016/09/06 12:02:25
treesparrow
I lived beside a Trout hatchery for 20+ years. If anyone came around smoking cigarettes the owner went into warning mode. He told every smoker that the buts killed his fish. They plugged the gut. He would dissect any fish found dead. Most killed by Herons and Kingfishers, however it sure irritated him when one died plugged up with a cigarette butt.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account