2016/05/21 12:03:09
CAPTAIN HOOK
Anybody have any luck repairing leaking boots ? Got a pair of light denier nylon boots, leaking right where the top rubber boot meets the denier material. Looks like a few small pinhole defects in material on inside of the one boot. There out of warranty from Cabala's even though they have not been abused or used a lot. I tried a silicon sealant that actually worked a trip or two then just peeled off. Not going to tie up money in SG-20 adhesives these are not expensive boots and I do have several other backup pairs. I think they can be fixed just don't know what's the best bet.
Any ideas ?

2016/05/21 12:49:12
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Repaired a hole in my boots this spring with aquaseal. Was starting to get a light leak in the seams around the **** too, so I covered them as well. Has held up very well so far. Bought it from fishusa for a few bucks
2016/05/21 12:50:18
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Really? The word krotch is censord?
2016/05/21 17:36:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
I don't know what's good for repairing boots but I tried on the pair of chest waders I bought two years ago that still have the tags and plastic on them.  I stored them in my basement and that must not have been a good thing to do,  the darned things shrunk right around the middle.   What's up with that? 

Yes Crappie_Slayer the word **** is censored.... see?
2016/05/21 19:10:12
CAPTAIN HOOK
LOL.....I've had that same storage problem with suits and pants too !
Thanks' Crappie I'll give that stuff a try
2016/05/21 20:00:28
marco
aquaseal..crappie-slayer knows his stuff..use it for everything..good stuff!!
2016/05/22 18:42:08
thunderpole
Aqua seal got a pin hole in my waders fixed it right up, got it off my buddy it was free lol
2016/05/23 08:34:38
Erie Mako
I tore my breathable waders a few years back, as a quick fix I used the hot glue stick that comes with the Berkley rod tip repair kits to fix it...
Applied it to both inside and outside of the tear...been holding good for about 4 years now!
2016/05/23 09:44:48
eyesandgillz
Shoe goo did good with straight rubber boot repairs for me.  Not sure how it would adhere to the joint between the nylon and rubber.
To double up on the repair, you might want to use a small amount of the aquaseal or shoe goo, let it cure, and then add a piece of good gorilla tape over it.  
It works well on my pool cover when I want to stretch it out for another winter before pitching it.  As long as I cleaned the cover real well and wiped it down with alcohol, the gorilla tape adhered nicely and waterproofed the pool cover pin holes.

http://www.amazon.com/Sho...-7-Black/dp/B004PBOJE8
2016/05/23 10:37:18
markmonkey1
Goop brand "Shoe Goo" works great.
I used it on my boots and waders and it holds well. Walmart has it in their shoe section...about $5

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account