2017/02/08 08:16:53
DarDys
I was eating a Teresa Lake Shore Deli hot sausage sandwich while sitting on the bank above the Stop Sign hole on Walnut, just watching the circus, when some one from the PFBC approached me to answer survey questions about steelhead fishing. This was probably 10 years or more ago.
2017/02/08 09:36:06
treesparrow
 I was surveyed at N.E. ramp on Erie quite a few years ago. Not a PFBC Warden but temp summer help. She asked numerous Questions about licensing etc. as I recall. I tried to complain about 8" size on perch as every perch brought up had a balloon sticking out of its mouth. I would normally not keep under 8" perch but those I would have. She quickly informed me that I would have to complain directly with PFBC. I guess there was no multitasking with those surveyors.
2017/02/08 13:34:41
dealinsteel
I've been fishing for close to 25 years in Pennsylvania.  I have been stopped on 2 occasions and asked for a license, probably because I don't wear it on my hat.  I'm assuming that the law enforcement division wouldn't been the ones surveying, but how would I know...  I have never been asked if I had caught anything, how much time I had invested, etc, etc.  But yet, on a late fall trip in the middle of northern Wisconsin, in a parking lot miles away from anything..  There was the most courteous gentleman asking where we were from, if we had success, what we had caught/kept, if we would consider it successful, and if we would come back.  

Instead of making more maps, apps and programs to "help" people take advantage of the system....  Spend some time researching the use of the resource and better ways to allocate it.  Has anyone used the Best Fishing Waters for anything?  Have they been updated by the fisheries managers at all based on changing conditions? Here's our best fishing waters for crappies!

http://pfbc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=bf88c1e84f4044abaee8db974ffcbe9c&center=-80.46083300%2c41.49916700&level=12

and the link from the page...

http://pfbc.pa.gov/fishpub/summaryad/pymatuning.html

2017/02/12 11:06:03
EMitch
JRSR
We need an executive order to ban the straw hat land rapists off the water. Ha

Can't agree more! We're on Mahoning in a 17' Lund with a 90 and a 9.9, and the PFBC dude has to check us out for licenses and life jackets. Meanwhile, 150 yds. away, are 5 strawhatters in a 14' boat, so overloaded it barely had any freeboard left, and nothing gets done about that.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account