2016/11/03 10:29:53
CAPTAIN HOOK
Nice November day to go river fishing, no big fish just lots of colors and no crowds !
My kind of fishing................

2016/11/03 15:40:26
chauncy
Took home some pretty good crappies this week. Deep brush paid off good. Jigs and nibbles.
2016/11/05 11:33:43
CAPTAIN HOOK
Shenango in November ...............

This huge circle hook was snagged up from the river! Somebody was Shark fishing I think  !
2016/11/05 13:14:00
BeenThereDoneThat.
Ken thank you for your report.

Brock no need to say how great those pictures are, they speak for their self.

Also, thanks for finding that hook, It must have washed through one of the sluices. I lost it when I snagged in a brush pile Crappie fishing. lol.
2016/11/06 06:07:11
EMitch
Me and my two boys hit Shenango yesterday for 9 hours. Another busted day. The huge clouds of baitballs were gone; my oldest thought we were lyin' to him about last week! LOL! Only sporadic markings of fish everywhere we went. Where'd they go?? We started out pulling harnesses tryin' to trigger or locate something, we trolled shallow on the breaklines and worked out to the deeper water. We fished from the Clark launch all the way to the dam and back up, and in the late afternoon from Clark the other direction up to the islands and back, but managed only 1 largemouth and one 13" white bass. There were a few other boats out there, most of them anchored. We saw two small white bass landed, but I don't think anybody was settin' records anywhere. I'm really gettin' discouraged about Shenango!
2016/11/06 20:39:40
chauncy
Don't know why you can't catch even crappies. In three days including today, I've caught pretty close to 150 crappies, whitebass, gills, and perch? A lot of the crappies are eleven inches and better now. Been having trouble posting pics lately or I'd show some of what was kept.
2016/11/06 21:29:53
CAPTAIN HOOK
The Crappie King has spoken better listen up ! 

Your right the surface bait has disappeared.

Mitch, I got to agree Shenango has been real tough on the bigger fish for me too.
Seems like the Walleye and Stripers have lock jaw for me past few years. 
A few Catfish and Largemouth and a bunch of White Bass over Spring / Summer

We use to catch big Stripers steady......no more !    ??????
2016/11/06 22:22:09
BeenThereDoneThat.
CAPTAIN HOOK
The Crappie King has spoken..... 

What the heck, I didn't say a word?

OH wait, you said "Crappie King", heh hehhhh.... I thought you said Crappy Angler and was talking about me.lol
2016/11/07 20:50:51
EMitch
Chauncy, I recon we could have caught "crappy" and perch had they been the target fish, but we were lookin' for critters that have teeth. Me; I'm primarily a walleye hunter, but the boys go after most all species, but I'm worried about the youngest. He's so into muskies that he's startin' to make his own lures with plastic casting equipment and a mini wood lathe he bought. I think I've pretty much lost him as a walleye fisherman.
2016/11/08 07:54:13
chauncy
Okay. Don't worry about your boy. It's all good. He make you some custom walleye lures some day. So you tried the humps up by the sandbar and still nothing, huh? What size cranks were you trolling? My buddy is using number five and seven shadraps and doing great on the stripes with a few eyes mixed in too. Hope you do better next trip there.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account