2016/10/17 22:26:33
CAPTAIN HOOK
Shenango Lake......no fish again....had company while fishing.

I'm feeling like BTDT.......lol  
2016/10/20 10:05:32
CAPTAIN HOOK
Fished Shenango this morning with grandson and a least we had some action for a change !
We landed about a dozen fish , mostly Smallmouths and Largemouths under 10", but the bobbers were constantly disappearing for the first 20 minutes or so with minnows.

Then the fish must have went out for lunch so we did too !
2016/10/20 10:26:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
Flash flood warnings today with reports of 3" of rain overnight in Mercer County. Sluices will be roaring tonight.

Wonderful pictures Capt.

That BTDT thingy...... I hate when that happens.

Good times for old minds....... BTDT; said that. 🎃
2016/10/20 14:36:59
CAPTAIN HOOK
Gone Fishin ! 

2016/10/21 14:09:59
CAPTAIN HOOK
Something went hay wire with the photobucket site......Wiped my photos out !  ???
2016/10/21 16:37:36
CAPTAIN HOOK
There back.......?  Who knows must be my computer !
2016/10/21 17:18:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
Sketchy reports on T.V. saying internet in parts of the country are seeing things like Facebook and Twitter doing goofy stuff.

Glad you got your pics back Capt.
2016/10/29 07:34:47
EMitch
This was not my best week to take my last vacation week of the year. Started on Sunday on Lake Chautauqua in N.Y.; miserable conditions due to high winds. Simply could not take advantage of the wind, (even with the drift sock), to slow down enough for walleye presentations. Then me and the boys headed for the Niagara River at Lewiston, N.Y. Stayed in the Arkpark Hotel, (great rates), and went out on the river for 8 hours on Monday. We were blown up river against the 5 mph current of the river, making presentation really tough. Didn't want to brave going out to the bar with that wind; it would have been a lost cause. No fish except for a couple bass. Was gonna do it again Tues., but when we got up in the morning, the forecast was 15-30mph winds, cold, rain and possible snow showers. We fired up the Jeep and brought the boat down to Tionesta, where we'd never fished before in the reservoir. Guess what? Wind!!, (and only a few small perch). Wednesday, I helped the boys down at Freeport when we met the PA Fish Commission truck with 1400 Muskie fingerlings that the boys stocked in two trips. (Most of those muskies were 10" or better). Soooo, that made Friday our best fishing day weather wise, so me and my youngest put 8 hours on Shenango with my boat yesterday. We put in at Clark at the Corp launch by the bridge. (There were docks there in the morning; gone when we came back at 4:00PM). Couldn't believe the clouds of bait fish and other bait balls everywhere suspended at 10'-15' over the 22'-25' bottom, with some very large hooks down near the bottom, but we couldn't buy a hit. We managed a couple of bass and two channel catfish, one of which made me question the integrity of my Cabela's 7' 1/2" IM7 rod, as it was bent into a U and creakin' in the reel seat, but it held. Here's hopin' for more warm weather in the coming month.
2016/10/29 08:01:05
CAPTAIN HOOK
Wow..... not good. I'm surprised the Niagara let you down usually the Lakers are hungry steady now. Must have been off colored with the bad wind.

Shenango has been tough all season , your right tons of bait balls all year. Summer they were on the surface everywhere (Shad schools) .

Sucks when you plan all year and Mother Nature changes that weather.....happened to me a lot ! 
2016/10/29 22:30:51
EMitch
Got out on the Allegheny this evening for a couple of hours. The river is high and runnin' fast. One little walleye on the first drift; a few other bites, and snag after snag. They must be lettin' the reservoirs down; I know Tionesta was up over normal pool by at least 10 feet Tuesday when we were there, as we noticed quite a few trees with their bases in 4 or 5 feet of water. Maple trees don't grow in water! We're gonna be on for either Shenango or Chautauqua again this weekend comin', weather permittin'.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account