2016/06/25 14:36:08
CAPTAIN HOOK
Look at you ! Nice catch enjoy the fish dinner.  
2016/06/25 20:01:07
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thank you Captain, it is great to be able to go fishing but a fun time, when fishing turns into catching.

Now if I can turn a great time Walleye fishing into fun time. I'm sure gonna give it a try tomorrow.
2016/07/23 08:53:32
BeenThereDoneThat.
If you are looking for something to do today, check the the lake's Facebook page, looks like Christmas in July will be celebrated starting at 3:00 PM today.  There has been, in years past, a great time of decorating boats and fireworks to end the day.

Unfortunately, the Facebook page also advise's of a rash of vehicle break-ins occurring.

Tight lines and good times.

All proceeds to the Leukemia Fund

2016/07/23 15:17:26
CAPTAIN HOOK
They caught the guy yesterday that was breaking in the vehicles ! He's locked up. 
2016/07/23 15:54:56
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks for the update Capt. Hook that is great news.

Oh.......... and Merry Christmas in July. lmao.
2016/09/07 22:28:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
It was a dark and stormy night..........  well okay, it was 5:00 pm in the afternoon but thunder was rumbling to my North when I pulled the Fish Hawk from her birth in the Mancave.  Our destination, Shenango River Lake  off of route 18 at Clark, PA. where the boat ramps don't meet the docks.

This trip was extra special as I had the honor and privilege of being accompanied by a retired Sergeant Major of the U.S. Army who I am also proud to have as my neighbor.

We shoved off at around 6:00 PM and set course for the ______ bridge (sorry no spot burning) where we put the Humminbird into action, to no avail.  Still, jigs were tossed here, there and, everywhere before leaving to search for the elusive stupid fish elsewhere.  Upon arrival in another area the Humminbird was once again put into action, to no avail and again followed by tossing jigs here, there and everywhere, to no avail.

The sun was now setting and setting fast so it was off to yet another hot spot where we said to hell with the Humminbird, and just started tossing jigs here, there and, everywhere....... to no avail.  By now the sun was set and dark was fast approaching, so we said to hell with the jigs, Humminbird and, the stupid fish as we put the Fish Hawk back on her bunks and pulled her from the waters of the Shenango River Lake, where the ramps don't meet the docks.

PS  The water surface temperature was hitting 83 degrees F when we first arrived.  After sundown we were seeing the reading at 81 on two different Humminbirds.

PSS. No live bait, nor was any stupid fish, injured during the making of this stupid story.
2016/09/08 18:20:30
chauncy
Well I guess that's fishing. We were out at 6:30 AM. Yes AM. This morning. We put 15 keepers of 10" crappies in the box. Of the water by 11. Got hot pretty quick so we got the heck out of there. BTDT, find the brushpiles in 12 ft water.
2016/09/08 20:18:15
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thank you Chauncy, greatly appreciated.   I know what you are saying about the heat, even after 6:00 PM we were working up a serious sweat sitting in the shade, just casting.   Congrats on your catching, I think most of the local anglers on this forum would agree, right now catching is pretty tuff so, when we hear you with your positive reports, it's a inspiration to do it again in the morning.     Wellll after-morning for some.  Thanks again, tight lines and good times.
2016/09/09 13:21:46
yor
Anyone know float times between Pymy dam and the kayak launches down to Shenango Lake? I've fished down as far as Greenville and there's no stupid fish in there either. Thanks.
2016/09/09 13:44:09
CAPTAIN HOOK
Yea , that lower section of river below Pymatuning ( upper Shenango ) has gone down hill bad as far as fishing. Since the Fish Commission stopped stocking that with Walleye and Musky it's been just about dead ! A lot of timber in that lower section too.
Too bad it's held some good fishing years past.

They have also done some nice work around the outflow with construction of that handicap pier, and walk over bridge, and trails along the river. Just not much to catch from our experience and others I know. They should just go ahead and stock Trout there too and make someone happy! 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account