• Northwest PA
  • Sad News For Lower Shenango River Outflow Fishing (p.5)
2015/06/21 09:06:32
pensfan1
Ya thats a good comparison. Again an abnormal amout of fish in a tiny space makes for a very easy catch rate. Also makes for guys thinkin they are the next coming of Kurt Gowdy.

As stated by others, trout species are the engine that makes PF&G go. Its sad but true. Sucks that other fisheries have to suffer but WHATTAYA GONNA DO? You are preaching to the choir here.
2015/06/21 09:31:48
CAPTAIN HOOK
I like that.... Kurt Gowdy vs Captain Hook  
2015/06/21 09:35:44
BeenThereDoneThat.
Hey Pensfan good to hear from ya, sayyyyyy, how did Crosby and Malkin do during the playoffs this year and, what's this I hear "Tiny Tears Evgeni" isn't happy with the Penguins?  While your here, what's up with the "for sale" sign on the club room door?

Geez, I gotta go, I got one those dang songs they call an ear worm.  I keep hearing "Chelsea Dagger" over and over again. https://youtu.be/PsqhND8eIEs?t=42

Don't be a stranger...........  I gotta get! 

2015/06/21 10:53:10
Porktown
Captain, your last messages are how I'd approach this. It gets to the point, well written, and not attacking anyone. Not saying your other messages weren't, just saying this is a public forum. I know for a fact that the Moraine State Park supervisor as well as a WCO check in from time to time. I can only imagine others from the PFBC lurk. All is good to vent, but hopefully your venting isn't causing further damage to the situation. Anger the wrong person, and they could very well determine the funds aren't there to keep stocking the lake for some of your favorite species, or cease all stocking in the tail race area. If you wrote something similar in a PM or private forum, then your posts are great. Filled with exactly how you feel, great photos, and entertaining read. I only commented as a complete outsider to inform, that it could possibly have a negative impact. I'm all for keeping a great resource going, that I don't use.
2015/06/21 11:39:03
pensfan1
And what does hockey have to do with the demise of a totally manufactured fishery? Jus ask'IN jus say'IN.......
2015/06/21 11:46:19
pensfan1
My point is if the state stops a certain stocking program in a certain area o-tha-frigg-well. Goverment agencies make bad decisions everyday that effect all of us. No need for page after page after page of whinning, biotching and braying about it. It is what it is.
2015/06/21 12:03:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
pensfan1
And what does hockey have to do with the demise of a totally manufactured fishery? Jus ask'IN jus say'IN.......

Geeesh......... saw you posted and just trying to say howdy.  

But, now that you mention it, a "totally manufactured fishery" drawing people to fishing is similar to "totally manufactured statistics" being used to draw sports fans.

Anyway nice to hear from ya. take care and Gooo Pens!
2015/06/21 12:57:45
StewFc
Anyone else think the young guy in the pics looks like Charlie Morton?
2015/06/21 13:13:06
CAPTAIN HOOK
Got you a spot..... you ready to fish or are you going to add comments all day ?  The whining's over grab your gear.......it's ShowTime ! She's cranked wide open just right for some good old Manufactured Pennsylvania Fishing !   Wading is going to be a little shaky but you do know how to swim ? jus ask In......

That's my son again below.......    /   Charlie Morton ?  Bucs

2015/06/23 10:17:30
wayneo73
maybe if they stop the fingerlings at these lakes, some of them will be rerouted to the lower shenango/outflow area?

http://triblive.com/sports/outdoors/8584585-74/walleye-depew-lake#axzz3dtWCR9iI

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account