2017/03/14 15:40:59
D-nymph

2017/03/14 15:43:03
opsman
D, I saw that suggestion somewhere else.  Is that your rig?  How does it work.  Was even thinking if it got to be a pain in the **** snapping the cover on the dock side I could cheat with those!

2017/03/14 15:44:45
CAPTAIN HOOK
I don't have a picture of mine but they help vent and water can't get in......kind of a cap with vents. Plastic made.....not expensive. Amish guy made my boat new tarp and puts them on all. 
2017/03/14 15:53:58
opsman
I have to see if I can find a pic or ask the guy where my boat is stored now about them.  While I'm thinking about it, what does it cost to register a boat in PA and where do you get it done??  I'm thinking I'm going to have to take of my current numbers and letters from Ohio which will be a royal pain
2017/03/14 15:54:50
Mountian Man
D-nymph
opsman My biggest question is how do you keep it covered while it is moored in the slip.  

With a boat cover.

Just flip da boat upside dahn.
2017/03/14 15:57:32
opsman
Gotta love Google.. I checked out the pole vents.  Looks like a really smart idea.  Think I will leave it to a pro since it looks like you have to cut a larger hole in the cover?!

2017/03/14 15:58:39
D-nymph
Mountian Man
D-nymph
opsman My biggest question is how do you keep it covered while it is moored in the slip.  

With a boat cover.

Just flip da boat upside dahn.

Inorite?  This ain't journosurgery.
2017/03/14 15:58:40
opsman
mountain man, obviously that wouldn't work cause for SURE the water would get in the boat  lol

2017/03/14 16:13:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
Icenut has a good point. Whatever you see growing on submerged rocks, logs, etc. you're gonna find growing on the bottom of your boat.

I had a slip at Wilhelm where I docked my 16' Starcraft back in the late 70s early 80s.

When I pulled my boat from the water in Oct. WOW I bout popped my pants. Thought my boat was ruined.

That's when I discovered a product called "Star Brite Hull Cleaner" that is available at WalMart and I imagine other places. It's a oxalic acid so not recommended for washing your boat inside a garage. But the stuff do work.

Another great product to clean scum from boats is "Screen Door Cleaner" which can be found in some hardware stores. Used for cleaning aluminium screen doors which contains hydrofloric acid. Also recommended to be used in a well ventilated area.

In both cases "read and follow the directions before buying"
2017/03/14 16:19:15
opsman
BTDT, yeah, I already have a few items I got from Overtons that I use.  I remember reading on the "weeds" thread that they are going to put in boat washing stations at Espyville and Linesville or am I mistaken.  That would be pretty cool, cause you could go up one time a month with the trailer, just pull the boat out, wash er down, put her back in the slip and go home!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account