2017/05/28 22:46:00
CAPTAIN HOOK
Have you guys ever had luck with the Rapala Flat Raps ? Of all the Rapalas made this one has produced the least amount of strikes and fish. It looks good, has a nice wobble and great color choices ,but as far as catching fish for us it's about the worst ! We cast them steady just to see if anything has changed and year after year they strike out. I can't figure out why, but they just never have produced like the other varieties of Rapalas. What say you ?

Mud Cat Grant time
2017/05/29 06:51:56
outasync
About 4 years ago during the spawn the firetiger and hot steel were my best producing lures. Since then I've caught a few walleye a year on them. Never have reeled them straight in with a light tug on a slack line they dart wild and usually when they come to a stop bam!
2017/05/29 12:08:31
PAJAY
Glad you asked this question I have not caught anything on these lures . I don't think I ever got a hit on them actually . Really anything new from rapala.  I stopped buying anything new from rapala . I stick with shad raps with new colors . 
2017/05/30 14:18:58
CAPTAIN HOOK
I have to agree 100 % with you PJ. I stick with mostly all the original Rapala lures, they out fish most of Rapala's new stuff 10/1. Some things just can't be improved any better with age! ...hint ...lol !
2017/05/30 16:43:47
CAPTAIN HOOK
There is something wrong with those Flat Raps that doesn't make sense. I along with others I fish with can't get hardly any fish to hit them as compared to other Raps. Believe me I have tossed them many a day and night especially for Walleye........nothing to speak of !  
Won't buy anymore.   
2017/06/05 13:49:04
looch325
I dont own any flat raps but the regular x-rap is  my favorite hard bait for walleye and I've caught quite a few smaller muskie with it. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account