2017/07/06 12:25:20
looch325
haha!

I actually dont mind it at this height, the crappie are easier to find below NB dam and summer walleyes hit more often. You just have to know spots farther away from the dams. Channel Cats have been hitting lures too, I guess because water is so muddy? Downside is it is a little tougher to get your bait in front of a wiper or striper. I use waterdata website that monitors the gauge just above 10th St Dam in Beaver Falls, 5ft and 9-10 inches is what I'd consider normal. The gauge has been at 7 feet or so. 

Conny has had good smallmouth fishing lately, at least on the end close to Rock Point.

I want to get up to Shenango soon, so I'll be monitoring this thread. Updates on conditions above and below dam are most welcome
2017/07/06 13:39:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
Looch you can Check the conditions on Shenango Facebook or call (724) 962 4384 for a recorded daily report regarding Shenango River Lake.
2017/07/06 17:54:08
looch325
thanks, I will use that number when we go up. My wife is going to take her vacation end of month and I plan on getting up there and probably  Pymatuming or Conneaut. 

But I meant info more along the lines of what you ,chauncy, and other guys offered already. Lake is crazy high, what level sluices are open to, etc. I'm fortunate in my location I can hit some good places pretty quick but the Shenango River Lake is about an hour drive

2017/07/07 08:34:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Well here's a bit of interesting news that should be noted by those partaking in camping activities at Shenango Campgrounds.

Beginning July 10 this year the campground will no longer be accepting cash or checks. Campers must use a credit or debit card.

I imagine this will be true at all state facilities, if not already, in the immediate future.

Now, in other news, the lake remains above normal pool and the NWS is standing by it's prediction that NW Penn's Woods could, might, maybe or, possibly see heavy rains today.

Stay tuned for further developments.

Update: Looking at the radar; about to cross into NW PA., some places are about to see the proverbial "cow and flat rock".
2017/07/07 17:44:58
BeenThereDoneThat.
Hey heyyyy hey, Shenango is just a bit over summer pool with sluices 1-7 open at one foot each. Looks like all the big rain headed to the south east, in time to miss the water shed muup north of the lake.

Could we be seeing normal pool levels and clearer waters in the near future? Stay tuned.

In other news, it appears word has gotten out regarding the "no cash/check" policy, taking affect this coming Monday. So far the change, it seems, has created some unhappy campers.

Get it.... "unhappy camper"?😒

Till next time, tight lines.

Update: Clark boat launch is now open.
2017/07/09 10:33:27
CAPTAIN HOOK
I believe the water levels are all back to normal both Shenango lake and river but guess what's coming next week for three days or more ? Don't water the garden yet !
2017/07/09 12:01:25
BeenThereDoneThat.
Ho Ho Ho..........

Christmas in July

At RC Marina on the Shenango River Lake July 22, 2017 3:00 - 10:00.

Fireworks at 10:00.

Published as a favor, to those looking for a good time...... not to go fishing, at the Shenango River Lake!!!
2017/07/10 11:10:17
BeenThereDoneThat.
As reported less then 10 minutes of this writing Shenango remains .45 ft. above normal summer pool. (894.67). Sluices 2, 4 & 6 open to one foot. Air temp at 63 and water at 72.

As currently reported by the NWS; NW PA. is currently under a severe thunderstorm advisory with high wind and heavy rains possible. Flooding can be possible in areas where thunderstorms persist.

This weather report may be substantiated with a simple check of ones weather radar App.
2017/07/10 16:11:52
looch325
well it was fun while it lasted, everything is going to be high again in the Beaver/Shenango/Mahoning watershed for a bit. Finally found some hybrids too.
2017/07/11 10:23:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good Morning Shenango fans!!

Lake level remains at .53 ft above norm. sum. pool. which is only a scooch higher than yesterday at this time.

Will be cool if that is all the lake will raise from the rain over the past 24 hours.

Don't get too happy though.

NWS just posted;
Active Weather Hazards

Updated 10:04 AM EDT
Hazardous Weather
918 AM EDT Tue Jul 11 2017

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for western Maryland, east
central Ohio, northwest Pennsylvania, southwest Pennsylvania, west
central Pennsylvania, western Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia
and northern panhandle of West Virginia.

.DAY ONE, Today and Tonight.

Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms are possible this afternoon
and evening. Damaging wind gusts are the primary threat.

Thunderstorms will also be capable of producing heavy rainfall.
Repeated thunderstorms over any one location could produce localized
flooding issues.

DAM IT!!! 😖

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account