2017/09/11 11:42:29
Pachuckles
With the cooler temps of fall would you fish the north end or south end of  Pymie?
The north end, having shallower water, maybe cooler than the south end with the deeper water. Or it might just be the other way around.    Help!!  My bro-in-law is going to be here next week and would like to go fishing.   
  I don't want directions to your "honey hole", just point me in the right direction. We're not looking to catch a ton of fish, just want to make a memory and have a good time.              
 Later... Chuckles

2017/09/11 12:16:58
smally hunter
When In doubt I always catch some fish on the causeway .. I fish my way from the Ohio line back to boat launch . Two poles . One with a slip bobber and minnow .. set anywhere from 4-7ft deep the other just a 1/16th jighead and skirt tipped with maggots .. fish you way around both sides of the road until you catch one .(mostly crappies , but I've caught cats, perch,Gil's,white bass, walleye) if you catch a fish try and get your lines back in quick because these fish are on the move .. if you looking to stay put try and keep towards the channel .. always some kind of fish around
2017/09/11 13:32:19
Porktown
Are you going to be on a boat or from shore?  I have very limited time on Pymie, but have mostly been able to find fish from the boat when there.  If you are stuck to shore, then you are obviously limited a bit more.  Some guys could be crushing fish on the South, but out 200 yards from shore, fishing structure.  Meanwhile, things on the North could be slower on the boat, but have some fishing hanging out at the shoreline weed beds, ect.
2017/09/11 13:58:01
ICE NUT
Good luck this is the worst year for pymie no matter what end.Fished 2 to 3 times a week hardly anyone doing any good right now dead carp everywhere banks and boat ramps smell real bad.fished today 2 dink perch and that was a good day  GOOD LUCK
2017/09/11 16:58:21
Pachuckles
We will be renting a boat.  That is why I asked  North or South end.
I think we'll try trolling curly tails tipped with a minnie  to start. I have a fish finder so we'll not be flying blind.  Maybe the fish will be down on the bottom in the deep water.  
I'll have to watch the weather because Pymie can get nasty.
Later... Chuckles

2017/09/11 17:25:16
fishin coyote
Chuckles,
Get on the PBFC web site and find the coordinates for the sunken brush/cribs they put in. That'll give you a starting point. Hopefully Chauncy will come by and give you some up to date info for the current conditions.

Mike
2017/09/11 20:49:36
bingsbaits
Go deep this time of year. I prefer trolling meat on crawler harnesses or drifting with jigs and twister tails/with meat.
This is the South end of Pymy. The lines are my trolling passes. The hooks are where I hit Eyes.  Some places the hooks stack up/structure..
2017/09/11 23:48:56
CAPTAIN HOOK
ICE NUT
Good luck this is the worst year for pymie no matter what end.Fished 2 to 3 times a week hardly anyone doing any good right now dead carp everywhere banks and boat ramps smell real bad.fished today 2 dink perch and that was a good day  GOOD LUCK

Your not alone on your info Ice. Tough year for us too on Eyes....better try Bing's map !
2017/09/12 10:12:40
BeenThereDoneThat.
Don't make me come mupp there and show yinz how, not to, catch any stupid fish. I'll do it, I mean it!!! I'll do it.
2017/09/12 13:23:13
roygpa
We have only caught two walleye all summer (one was a keeper) and I think both of them came from "Bing's Red Circle." The Red Circle also just happens to be just down the lake from our allotment, which makes it convenient. :) 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account