2017/11/16 12:04:19
looch325
A Sauger in Brady's Run Lake while ice fishing(pre-draining project), also seen a guy land a 25" northern through the ice same ice season. Neither should ever be in that lake, bucket biologists put them there as neither fish can jump a 30-40 foot spillway, sauger in the creek as far up as the ice arena aren't unheard of after storms in April-June but no way to get up in the lake without human aid. 

Caught a walleye in Connequenessing but that's not as unheard of as I thought at the time.

Sunglasses and a fishing rod+reel are some things I've pulled out of river

There is a video on youtube of a guy catching a 34" American eel in Rochester, thought that was odd. Pre industrial age and construction of dams it was common they say.
2017/11/16 18:08:45
CAPTAIN HOOK
In the late 80's we caught 8 American Eels one night Fall fishing in a boat at the mouth of Oak Orchard / Point Breeze at night .....all on scented salmon egg sacs ! Talk about slimy and slippery ! Look like silver gray snakes and some were over 3 foot long and made a mess on a boat carpet floor ....wasn't my boat ......lol 
2017/11/20 16:47:25
fisherofmen376
I caught a sauger on a piece of hot dog in the ohio. 
Didn't mean to, but hooked a duck while fishing bread for carp back in the day.  It didn't end well for the duck. 
2017/11/22 09:12:42
bingsbaits
I caught crabs once at the mouth of Walnut...
Thank God Sabrina has retired, no more of that....

2017/11/22 09:54:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
Ba-Dump..... tssssssh. 
2017/11/22 11:29:48
DarDys
When we were on spring break during our senior year in college, did a bluewater fishing trip. Since the partying had been hearty, one of the guys fell asleep in the fighting chair.

The first mate quietly reeled in the line and attached a vinyl album to the line, then tossed it back out. One of us gave the rod a solid whack, which woke the person in the chair.

The captain kept zigging and zagging the boat so the record would pull to one side, then the other. He would slow down so that line could be gained, then speed up so it ripped drag.

Our poor roommate hung on for dear life. We dumped water on his head to keep him cool and he wound fight all the harder. After 30 minutes, he was ready to quit, but the mate kept telling him to hold on because he thought he was hooked into a record. This just spurred him on and he wound start pumping and reeling all the harder.

Every time he would start to weaken, someone would say they thought he had a record. Finally after an hour or so, the captain basically cut the engine and when the line got close to the boat, the album flew out of the water, since all pressure was off, and landed on the deck.

The roommate just sat there completely stunned and wore out. The mate picked it up and said, β€œTokd you it was a record, it’s the Beatles.”
2017/11/22 13:55:43
fisherofmen376
THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!!!
2017/11/24 04:45:38
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Haha haha... Great story daddy's πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
2017/11/24 09:59:28
BeenThereDoneThat.
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Haha haha... Great story daddy's πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Crappie_Slayer, do you by chance use "Google SpellCheck"?  Google spellcheck has got to be the most annoying, irritating spellcheck on the internet.  I have it on my phone and it constantly changes the spelling of words and it won't stop!!!   Stupid spellcheck.  

Cool story Dardys. 
2017/11/25 20:32:44
FredT
Used to get some nice perch out of Siegel swamp years ago. Would hit on white woolie buggers while bass fishing.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account