2007/05/07 11:09:49
egg sac

ORIGINAL: Bughawk

Sounds like a great time was had by all.  Sorry to have missed the fun.  Maybe next year.  Who won the bamboo rod?

Bug,

You missed the best outing we have had so far bar none. Weather, eats and fishing was world class.Chrisrowboat won the pole.
2007/05/07 11:32:26
woodnickle
It deffinately will be a return trip. Thanks egg for a cool hat and Chris for the no slip mat for the dash. Thanks Mary for being a great cook.I hope all those jahapanas came out ok this morning,lol. Dano thanks for your help and streamside biology lesson. TT, never seen a person covered with caddis like that. You and worm-waster could have flown away with all the bugs carring you off. Egg , loved the wings,ummm good. Shrimp on the barby, too good! Who ever told me there are 2 kinds of fisherman fish oil creek, I got wet after lunch. I guess I don,t have to wait to fall in anymore. Thanks for a great time and nice meeting ya all. John
2007/05/07 11:54:19
indsguiz
T.T.,
    Just because I'm insanely curious;  why was the rod hard to give away?  Please don't tell me the guys were afraid of breaking it.  I would have been stoked if I could have seen some pix of somebody actually catching a fish on it.  Chrisrowboat:  The rod was built to fish with!  If it has an accident>...>...>...>  You know somebody who fixes them.  Also, thank Mikastorm.  He supplied many of the parts that went in to that rod.   Chris, as an aside.  If it breaks under normal use I'll try to repair it for free.  Car doors, feet, steelhead, and finned creatures over about 2 pounds, do Not construe normal use.  But then again, what beter way for a FISHING ROD to "go out" than by fishing/
2007/05/07 12:04:13
T.T.
I'll need the help of a statistician to explain the circumstances surrounding the prize.  It has nothing to do with the rod itself, but in our eventual method employed to award it.  I should let Dano explain, but here's a hint... drawing names from a hat would have given us about 40 minutes more fishing time.
2007/05/07 12:11:20
Skip16503
2007/05/07 12:12:12
T.T.
By the way, Jack, BEAUTIFUL rod!  The wrap work on that was awesome.  Dano actually kicked around the idea of awarding it to the person who didn't catch anything.  That was me, before lunch.  Believe me, that pole would have been rigged and wet before the tables were cleared.

I brought along a few for you to look at, just incase you had made the trip anyway.  I wasn't the only one, I hear.  We sure missed you. 
2007/05/07 12:49:07
indsguiz
T.T.,
    Nice to know I was missed.  (Maybe your scopes are off)  Next time I'll supply the hat and the #'s.  I really didn't want to give away what I was sending up so I hope it was a suprise.  That thread on the wraps was so fine..... I'll bet that for the little bit I got on the wraps I threw away 10times more.  Believe me that rod was a labor of love, or compulsiveness.  I don't think I'll ever do another one with those wraps.(at least not till I get my medication refilled)  The wraps (and broken threads) took over 15 hours.  Now if I just knew what I was doing I'll bet I could cut that time in half.  Of all the things I do on a rod the most frustrating is to get right to the end of a wrap, be tying it off and have the wrap thread break.  Drop me a line.
2007/05/07 15:14:17
flyman
Well, What a blast it was! Good to meet some new faces and the food was excellent. umm, I like to think that all the fish were smart and we all had the knowlege of hooking up. Egg, That was a very nice gesture and Thank You for the hat! They look good. Congrats to chris for steeling my bamboo pole. Indisguz, Sweet pole. Thanks for donating it!Elephatnhead. Tried the cell phone holder and it works well, Thanks! Thanks to eggs wife for cooking! And thanks to the fish for slurping the top.

The Motley crew

Squint alittle harder! You just might find the hole, eh!

Get that hook outta me already!

One of the dumb ones, Trout that is. lol

]

Morning light

Fish on!

A great day that will be remembered!

Al
AL
2007/05/07 15:26:13
T.T.
It's funny seeing how many of those wading belts have that southern arc.
2007/05/07 15:27:11
elephanthead
Mika, that was me with the cell phone mats. Nice to meet ya !   Dave

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account