2007/05/06 23:06:21
beerman
We had a good turnout today.  Here is picture of most of those that fished today.  Missing is Dan P., Dave O. and a few others. 

Lots of good food and excellent company.

Everybody caught trout today,some caught many fish to say the least.....right Dano, Loopy, Al, DaveO., and a few others.  The morning was especially productive on wets and nymphs.  I took a stream temperature of 46 degrees at 9:30 AM and it was 60 degrees at 3:00 PM.  So.....did the late day hatch ever happen on the top water?  We left at 5:00, anybody get any on dries after that?

Thanks for the Oil Creek Outing hat, eggsac!
Let's do it again next year!
2007/05/07 02:09:43
pappy69
Great pictures.  Glad you had a beautiful day for fishing, and that everyone had a grand time.  Sorry I missed it, so is my car.
2007/05/07 09:01:23
egg sac
ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

[

2007/05/07 09:17:10
egg sac
Was the best turn out yet with around 20 plus in attendence.
1. flyman
2. randy
3. royce
4. dallas
5. elephanthead
6. flags
7. wormwaster
8. dano
9. oil city jeff
10. t.t
11. chrisrowboat
12. skip
13. loopy
14. beerman
15. mikastorm
16. loopys buddy
17. mary
18. egg sac
19. dan pastore
20. dan o

If I left anyone out sorry. To all those that do not attend you are realy missing out on a great time. Tons of good food, fishing and shootin the bull.Remmeber if the only reason you do not show up is you are not sure about the fishing part no worries its more about just getting together, but there sure was alot of dumb fish this year.
2007/05/07 09:18:27
egg sac
ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

2007/05/07 09:33:16
indsguiz
Gentlemen,
     Looks like everyone had a good time.  Lots of fish.  Sorry I missed the outing.  You guys got to fish... I got to count BIG boxes of mail.  Doesn't quite seem fair to me.  Hopefully I'll see you at the One Fly in the fall.  If I don't figure out how to break something on myself again.  Egg, you organized a really good show.
2007/05/07 10:42:51
T.T.
Egg and Mrs. Egg, thanks for the hat and all the cooking you did. 

Mikastorm rocks poppers!!!  Just don't tell my wife how much bacon I ate.

I had a blast.  I was really nervous about dry-fly fishing with some of FishErie's best, being that it was my first time.  I got skunked in the a.m., but after some great advice, a bit of ribbing, some of the best food I've ever had at a picinic, and the hardest-to-give-away bamboo rod one could imagine, I spanked a few Oil Creek trout.  My first trout on a dry was a pretty little rainbow landed shortly after getting the waders wet again, on a store-bought parachute.  That fly was quickly taken away by a large brown 2 casts later.  I caught a nice little brown a while later on a store-bought BWO.  Then it happened!   Amid a swarm of caddis flies, I caught a brown on one of MY caddis ties.  Woo Hoo!!!  It can be done folks.  Thanks Indsguiz for inspiring me to tie that pattern.(red with green butt)

I will do anything in my power to make a return visit not only for next year's event, but any other time I can steal away to fish a great stream.  Thanks everyone!

ps- Now, Chris, if you decide that the bamboo is just too delicate for your tastes, you know who to call...
2007/05/07 10:44:07
elephanthead
A big shout to Mary (Egg's better half) for the hospitality. Your restaurant gets 5 stars ! And to Egg for the memorial hats (nice touch). Great to see everyone again and to meet new folks. And thanks also to the fish for taking stupid pills before our outing (made for a busy day for all).   Dave
2007/05/07 11:05:12
Bughawk
Sounds like a great time was had by all.  Sorry to have missed the fun.  Maybe next year.  Who won the bamboo rod?
2007/05/07 11:08:33
T.T.
This shot is for Tippy-Toe.  All fight, no flop!  Jealous?

worm_waster from across the stream.  Biggest fish of the day, by far.  Good job!

Just your everyday, local caddis swarm.  It's nothing compared to the bunch we found hiding under my back pouch.

(insert missing photo of me pooping my waders as a big brown beaver swims at me while perched on a slimy rock)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account