2016/05/16 14:40:54
roygpa
Winning weight was 12 pounds 4 ounces for 3 fish. I think big fish was a bit over 5 pounds. Many teams quit early in the morning. We had one team weigh in just after 9:00 AM and went home. Even with the bad weather, quite a few teams stuck it out and brought in fish.

The weather was brutal. High winds all morning and dropping temps. In the afternoon the wind dropped a bit, but it was still blowing pretty hard.

My job was handing out the Pymatuning Lake magazine. :) After about 6 hours of handing out the magazine and freezing to death I wandered back to my truck and went home.

Next year I will dress in my ice fishing gear and mickey boots :) I can always shed clothing.
2016/05/16 22:49:35
CAPTAIN HOOK
Thanks for the report. It was a bad weather day for sure ! Pymy Lake magazine ?
2016/05/17 08:16:49
roygpa
Captain, it is called "Pymatuning Lake Visitors Guide."  I am sure that you've seen it. I just forgot the name and had to look it up.
2016/05/17 09:00:07
pymafish615
I was out all day last Friday and caught 13 walleye but only one legal one on drift rigs all on humps going to try again this Friday launching out of snodgrass anybody got anything that would help get into them I just got a boat so I'm kinda trying to find some hot spots
2016/05/17 09:38:59
marco
I am heading up tonight.  gonna fish tom w my 2 boys and my oldest boys girlfriend who never fished before.  gonna be interesting!

2016/05/17 16:59:32
StewFc
I was hoping to have a rumor confirmed or rebutted. I was told that the Tuttle Point launch was going to be open for public use when the Linesville launch is closed beginning June 1. I live quite a ways from Pymie so this may be false OR Tuttle may have been open to the public for quite some time.
2016/05/17 17:15:25
outasync
yes tuttle is open for the public
2016/05/17 18:04:54
ICE NUT
Its open but not a lot of parking
2016/05/19 23:22:56
BeenThereDoneThat.
A fishing I did went; a home empty handed I did go.  Stupid fish.

But all was not a loss, I hooked up (no pun intended) with a friend who must be one of the most dedicated anglers I have met.  I mean this guy lives in the deep south (of PA.) and drives, sometimes several times a week, just to fish Pymatuning.  Imagine getting out of bed early enough to drive over two hours so ya can be at Pymie by 6:30 AM, fishing all day and driving home the same night.  Well, that  happens to be "registered" (a/k/a, Rob) and I had the pleasure of visiting with him and his son Sam, as they enjoyed fishing for Walleye.  To top the day, I enjoyed seeing smiles and grins from dad and son as pictures were snapped of Sam holding the Walleye he caught.

Congratulations on your catch Sam and Rob thanks for inviting, and allowing, me to be part of the fun. I shall not forget, the smile on your face, when Sam's fish entered your net.  Priceless!! 

Fish well my friend, I look forward to seeing you again.
2016/05/20 11:11:00
registered
John,
It was great to hook up with you again. Always lots of laughs and good times.
That was a memorable moment when Sam caught that fish while our boats were bouncing around and you and I were BSing.
Sam's on summer break from school and all his buddies wanted him to hang out with them yesterday. He came fishing instead.
That fish was the first and only keeper (walleye) of a long day. But in the end, the fish hooked Sam. He's ready to go again.
By the way, Marco said to tell you hello. He said he's getting too old to fish on windy days.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account