2016/05/10 11:28:02
mopars0
Congrats twfish ... Nice catch !! Harrisburg, wow now that's a drive to go fishing 🍺🍺
2016/05/10 12:01:46
StewFc
While I've never been accused of hogging all the walleye or big crappie, Pymie has been a disappointment this year. If I were looking for a catfish fest, it would be wonderful...but the crap and 'eyes have been very few and far between with the 'eyes being nonexistent. We have caught a good number of nice to big largemouth bass, but that aint why we get up at 2am and drive 2 1/2 hours to fish pymie. Caught about 2 dozen cats total on Monday May 9 with about 8-10 largemouth between the two of us with one being close to 20 inches.
2016/05/10 12:28:41
outasync
From what I heard at the dock yesterday the bass fisherman are doing better on walleye than bass. One guy had 3 walleye in the mid 20s he caught casting white spinner baits in 3 fow.
I trolled from 14 to 23 fow yesterday and only managed feeding a whole lot of perch. Had 1 good hit but nothing was there when I grabbed my rod and my crawler was in 2 pieces split between the 2 hooks.
2016/05/10 12:37:06
mopars0
Then maybe I'm not missing anything by getting my honey do projects taken care of for the wife ....... Lol. Good luck to all weathering the crazy weather ......
2016/05/10 13:35:15
BeenThereDoneThat.
Njangler24
Have any of you guys noticed that the fishing has sped up like crazy. Lets discuss best baits to use, best spots and time of day to fish. I have found that the best bait to catch the lunkers on is either a stike king 1/2 ounce jig in black and blue with the Berkeley havoc craw on the back, or a z man turbo craw in white. Tell me what you think!!!!
During the pre-spawn I was mainly catching all my smallies and largies on rapla x-rap jerkbaits. Best spot to fish now are the beds.

Also check out my youtube channel, like comment, and subscribe for more bass vids!! I am trying to get popular on YouTube.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Welcome to the forum, I'm thinking of getting back into bass fishing and forgetting about those stupid walleye, crappie, bluegill, catfish and probably bass too.  But at least for the time being I have an excuse for not being able to catch them as I stopped, fishing exclusively for bass, since I got mixed up with this crowd at Pymie.

My choice at the time was the "Jig-n-Pig" in blue/black or "Texas" and "Carolina" rigged plastic in motor oil.  Location really didn't matter as the baits could be jigged, hoped, bounced, swam and even made to "walk the dog".

However, during periods of high water, when the level was into the wood, I tossed the infamous "buzz baits" along the shore lines, using white against a bright sky and black against a dark sky.  BUT, at day break or twilight, a black three blade plastic spinner trailed by a chartreuse [thank-you very much spell check] skirt.  Stingers were not out of the question any time I tossed, chucked or, flung "buzz baits". 

If, when and while, the water receded, my go to bait was a spinner bait with either a "Colorado" or "willow leaf" blade followed by a black/blue skirt and no stinger. 

2016/05/10 21:46:39
bottom troller
Once again some great conversation on these here boards! Well my report is no go for walleye weird season for me I'm normally lucky and find some but they seem to not be where I found them this time of year in the past but try try again!

I did find some decent crappie to keep me happy meat is meat!

So tight lines to all and to all a good night!
2016/05/13 14:13:01
CAPTAIN HOOK
twfish , nice size fish. I bet you were surprised, but that's not uncommon for Walleyes to slam a surface bait. The Walleye have been scattered this year and move around to different feeding areas. I've done  good some nights and others are a bust. This weather has been up and down, but fish have to eat sooner or later so that's a limited excuse. I stick to what usually worked in the past will work again !

I'm old school so I don't change methods too much. First few hours of dark , first few hours of light !
That is if you want to catch more fish !   
2016/05/13 14:40:02
ICE NUT
just got back from pymatuning yesterday wasn't too bad a couple keepers and a shorty plus numerous perch a lot of nice gills and few smaller crappies  and oh yes a good many cats.Today was a different story wind is really blowing whitecaps galore there calling for highs in 40's and snow showers this weekend HAVE FUN. All fish caught in 4 fow
2016/05/13 17:06:28
workcanwait....
Never fished the lake what kind and size of catfish are you all catching?
Can they be caught from shore at nite in good numbers with floats and bait?
Any info appreciated...WCW
2016/05/13 23:44:16
BeenThereDoneThat.

I just bought me a brand new never been used before trolling motor from my buddy Bill.  Free shipping and only $39.95 packaging and handling.

Note: Picture can be found on Facebook   

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account