2016/05/03 19:40:18
twfish
I am fishing this lake with a buddy starting Thursday for 3 days. We are staying at the Ohio campgrounds. We are catch and release fishing for bass and walleye depending on the bite. We are unfamiliar with the lake and would appreciate any info such as should I trailer my boat to the North end for best results of catching both species or fish the south end from the state boat launch? I have an Alumacraft 160 w/20 hp. I'd rather not spend my time going from one end of the lake to the other. We just want to catch fish and have some fun. Is drifting crawlers/minnows or trolling hot n tots the only way to catch walleye here? What is  the water temp now?

Thanks!
2016/05/03 23:29:01
BeenThereDoneThat.
Beer can tied to a rope, hmmmm, I seem to recall that hi-tech device being in my boat and it worked very well.  Knots were tied every two feet in the rope, dropped over the side to determine depth or hung over the bow at a certain depth to follow contours.  The luxury models could locate brush piles and other under water structure.  

The only real draw back was not being able to use the device at high speeds which didn't matter anyway, cause I never could get that dam row boat, up on plane. 

Weather looking good for tomorrow Ops, get out there and get em.  

Tight lines.
2016/05/04 17:12:44
ICE NUT
Fished pymie last 3 days was pretty lousy with the nort and northwest winds. Today was beautiful thought finally caught some fish managed a nice fat 23 inch walleye about 6 perch  3 cats and a couple og big gills. All fish caught on ohio sine north of causeway.jig and piece of crawler. Fished lines Monday and Tuesday no luck up there at all. Better days are ahead water is still mighty cold along with those stinking north winds!!!!!!!!
2016/05/04 18:19:24
mopars0
Ok this might be a dumb question but here goes .... Are you allowed to use 3 poles at Pymatuning ? I have always used 2 poles never ever gave it a thought because fishing in Canada you are only allowed one pole. I was just reading stuff on the pa fish commission website were it says you are allowed no more then 3 poles ( Max) ...guess I need to get more educated on this stuff .... Lol
2016/05/04 18:33:27
outasync
Yeah you can use 3 if the fish allow you lol I've had days the crappie were hard enough to keep up with using 1 pole. Hope tomorrow is one of those days.
2016/05/04 18:42:35
mopars0
outasync
Yeah you can use 3 if the fish allow you lol I've had days the crappie were hard enough to keep up with using 1 pole. Hope tomorrow is one of those days.
lol .... Thanks outasync ... Yeah not that I can ever use 3 but learnt something today .... Good luck tomorrow ...
2016/05/04 18:47:53
outasync
Thanks probably will need it. Launching out of bay 41 around 830am
2016/05/05 21:17:52
Njangler24
Have any of you guys noticed that the fishing has sped up like crazy. Lets discuss best baits to use, best spots and time of day to fish. I have found that the best bait to catch the lunkers on is either a stike king 1/2 ounce jig in black and blue with the Berkeley havoc craw on the back, or a z man turbo craw in white. Tell me what you think!!!!
During the pre-spawn I was mainly catching all my smallies and largies on rapla x-rap jerkbaits. Best spot to fish now are the beds.

Also check out my youtube channel, like comment, and subscribe for more bass vids!! I am trying to get popular on YouTube.

2016/05/09 15:53:21
roygpa
My daughter caught 7 decent bluegills under our dock on Saturday evening, and my wife caught three. They fished for about 90 minutes or so. About 7 of the bluegills were what I would call eating size, though probably considered small by others. Didn't have a tape measure. they caught all of them on redworms from Wally World. Next trip I am going to break out my new green blob fishing light to see if it attracts anything.
2016/05/10 11:23:04
twfish
 Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met I caught a 6 lb walleye on a chatterbait, Friday, while fishing for bass. I also caught several LM bass, two over 15".Only caught 1 16" walleye while drifting along with some catfish. Very new to this lake, as I live in Harrisburg, PA, so I don't know the specific areas to target them. I avoided the armada of fishing boats in the north end on Saturday.
This was caught in less than 2 feet of water. I was shocked beyond belief. I met a buddy of mine from Canton so this lake was convenient for each of our licenses and we enjoy fishing for both species.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account