2016/05/02 16:27:48
olds-Pa
Thanks for that link to the tourney Roy. My son & friend are entering it. I will try to make it to the weigh in and look you up...olds
2016/05/02 16:36:49
CAPTAIN HOOK
Nice of you to help out as a volunteer Roy plus add the reports . Makes for good fishing updates on Pymatuning to all us readers . Never fished in a tourney myself but enjoy hearing the outcomes.
2016/05/02 18:46:06
treesparrow
I kind of get the drift of what a doorknob is on the lake. What is the origin, or do I really want to know? I know the safety-- Door Knob game, and I didn't need to know that.
 All right you must just mean dumber than a door knob, like I am some days. 
2016/05/02 22:34:01
BeenThereDoneThat.
treesparrow
I kind of get the drift of what a doorknob is on the lake. What is the origin, or do I really want to know? I know the safety-- Door Knob game, and I didn't need to know that.

====================================================================================
  I can not tell a lie treesparrow; the devil made me do it!!!!! 
====================================================================================

Made it out fishing this afternoon and I'll be darned if I didn't get lucky and catch some Crappie, Blue Gill and, hooked something that pulled really really hard til it got off the hook.  My sonar started posting fishy pictures at 12 feet in 13 FOW so I rigged a 1/32 and 1/16 oz jig on two rods and began doinking them on the bottom.  There was a least a dozen times I'd pick a rod tip up and would feel the weight of the fish but couldn't get a hook set.  Then if I did hook a fish it was usually followed by a tear, while I watched the fish submerge, as if it just spit the lure out on the surface.

Unfortunately, there was not enough in the live well to invite yinz to a fish fry so I let them all go.

Better days are ahead tighter lines are coming.  Oh.... Did I mention, because of that stupid NW wind, I wasn't fishing Pymie today?
2016/05/02 23:56:39
mopars0
BTDT .... So if ya wasn't fishing pymie today does that mean ya was at Wilhelm ? 😜 If so crappie ... small ? And ya hooked something that was big but it got off ... Lol.
2016/05/03 03:05:55
workcanwait....
Wanted to say thanks for the entertainment and motivation been following this post for a while.
I still have not traveled to and fished Pymie half because I am afraid I will like it too much and half because of the drive.
Plan on checking it out in June.
Fished the other big lake last 2 nights from shore.
Last night was a mess wind picked up at sunset waves made things sloppy and I was cold and wet due to MANY holes in my waders...did not fish long- no fish.
Tonight I was ready...but 10 pm came nothing hitting, was getting discouraged and then...tap-tap......WHAM!
Got this 30 inch 8lb 9 oz Waldo my biggest from Lake Erie.
No other hits left a lil after midnight...some others around but they did not seem to be doing any good ,wrong wind- too early -too cold -I do not know new to this game.
Found 3 smolts in the belly...starting to understand why the steelies do not return to the creeks!...WCW

2016/05/03 08:14:52
roygpa
Treesparrow: To be honest, this is the only place I've heard a fisherman referred to as a door knob. I think BTDT coined the phrase here. I do not what a door knob fisherman is, but figured I would know one when I saw one. :)
2016/05/03 08:41:17
BeenThereDoneThat.
mopars0
BTDT .... So if ya wasn't fishing pymie today does that mean ya was at Wilhelm ? 😜 If so crappie ... small ? And ya hooked something that was big but it got off ... Lol.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pssssssssssst, Mopars........................  S-h-e-n-a-n-g-o.       

*********************************************************************************************************************

WCW that is a super catch, good job.

Word of caution, fishing Pymie can become addictive.  The lake has a lot to offer from a variety of fish, lots of water, great bottom structure and the best part; is the opportunity to meet, talk to, and fish with some very nice fun loving people.  If you are looking for a place to go fishing ya can't beat Pymatuning, however, if you're looking just to go catching, well good luck with that.  At times the Pymie can sting the most seasoned of anglers.

So with out further ado, come on in, the water is fine!!
2016/05/03 09:10:11
CAPTAIN HOOK
WCW nice fish , got my biggest Eye from shore the same way years ago. Some real hogs along those shorelines just too far to travel steady. Pymy's local for me, but who knows where I could travel with free time.
2016/05/03 17:12:10
opsman
Well, when I put in at Linesville this morning I was probably only the fifth or sixth vehicle in the lot.  About forty when I returned in early afternoon.  Light north wind but the sun just wouldn't come out.  Kind of chilly considering it was only around 46 !
Caught about a dozen crappies on the smaller side, no eyes, and re-affirmed that fact that my new Lowrance IS smarter than I am.  I think I'm going back to a beer can tied to a rope.  Won't show me fish, but it will tell me how deep the water is without driving me nuts!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account