2016/05/01 18:33:03
olds-Pa
Nice mess of fish Mikastorm. Where you were anchored was where we were making our turn to troll back the other way. Had I known that was you, id have given you a shout out. Went by you maybe half a doz. times. No luck for us though. 6 halfway decent perch, 1 crappie, and several bass. Also 1 catfish. We returned them all back to the lake. No walleyes though. Couple of the strikes were probable eyes, but no proof.
BTDT, for the record, 1 doorknob nearly ran us over. I don't think he ever saw us. He was too busy looking the other way. Anyway, it was a good day to be out on the water. I won't lie though, the heater in the truck felt mighty good on the way home after a rain soaking....olds
2016/05/01 20:10:31
BeenThereDoneThat.
Happy to hear you made out OK Marco but, if it is wind you were wanting YA should have been on the lake this afternoon.  I'm still rocking and I've been home for an hour. 

Olds certainly glad you didn't get run over by a doorknob and had a good day on the lake. 

A few anglers had some luck with catching eyes today however, because I was sulking, I didn't care to hear how big or what they were using and where.

My sonar would show several fishy pictures at 28 ft in 30 FOW and I was bouncing jigs in the neighborhood but, I just couldn't hold over the area.............  STUPID WIND!!!! 

Oh well, still a better day then sitting around doing nothing.  We'll get em next time.

Good times to all.
2016/05/01 22:45:03
gizmos
Nice John !!! ( you're killin me ! ). ;-)
2016/05/01 23:02:34
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Was planning on getting out later this week, but after seeing a few successful pics after getting home I decided to get off my azz and give it a shot this afternoon. Nice breeze and some cloud cover made it a little cool, but decent fishing conditions. Ended up with these 2 that are heading for the pan and 2 short ones. Usual mix of small perch and a few cats as well.
2016/05/02 11:11:15
BeenThereDoneThat.
Congratulations Crappie_Slayer nice catch.....................  
2016/05/02 11:54:44
roygpa
Roy reporting in that no doorknobs were spotted at the Pymatuning Lake Assoc. crappie tourney on Saturday. All PLA members were very nice and all tourney anglers with friendly and polite. My jobs were to help put the TV monitor on it holder in the morning (the TV must weigh 80 pounds, heavy for a flat screen) and then I help breakdown the tables after the tourney. Winning weight for 5 fish was 7 pounds 9 and a half ounces, and I the winning heavy fish was 2 pounds 6.9 ounces.
All in all a good day, and I met a bunch of nice people.
-Roy
2016/05/02 12:16:03
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Nice report roy. Was there a large turnout for the tourney? I've never been there for it.
2016/05/02 13:10:18
roygpa
Crappie Slayer: There were 107 team that fish the tournament, a few less than last year from what I was told. It seemed to be run very well and the weighing went fast. Seemed to me that most of the teams were fishing north of the causeway, but I don't know that for sure. All but three or four teams came to the weigh in with their boats on trailers.
One participant had a picture of a 38 inch Muskie that she caught on a crappie jig. She was all smiles, not sure if she and her partner finished in the money or not, but they hung around til the winners were announced. 
2016/05/02 13:22:57
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Roy I'm happy to hear all went well and you enjoyed the day assisting with the crappie tournament.   I'm sure glad to hear everyone was respectful of one and another, I knew if I stayed away, chances would be good there would be no "doorknobs" on the lake.

Ummm, anyway here is a roster of the teams and how they placed as, provided by the association and, posted on Robinson's Bait Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/596779593685354/photos/pcb.1262765283753445/1262764903753483/?type=3&theater

From the comments I've read, it wasn't an easy day of catching.  Congratulations to the winners.

2016/05/02 14:27:29
roygpa
The Pymatuning Lake Assoc. is hold a walleye tourney on May 14th for anybody who is interested.
If so, http://www.pymatuninglake.com/walleyetournaments.html

Not sure yet, if I will fish it or help with it.
If anyone from this forum thread goes to it, look me up. I will be there.

-Roy

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account