2016/04/22 09:16:47
roygpa
BTDT:

I find aspirin helps relieve the aches and pains from fishing, building a dock, pushing the dock into the lake, cutting grass, tying my shoes, etc.

I will be at the lake this weekend, hopefully I will have something worth posting here tomorrow evening.
-Roy
2016/04/22 12:22:18
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Roy but it hurts, just trying to get the stupid cap, off the pill bottle. lol

Good luck fishing Roy, catch a bunch, if ya see the Fish Hawk mosey on over and say howdy.
2016/04/22 12:28:10
outasync
I'll be up again tonight. I'm starting in my usual spot then may try around snodgrass depending on the bite and how much company I have. Btdt the best way to cure the aches and pains is more fishing!
2016/04/22 13:10:31
roygpa
Does anybody here fish the shoreline near Orchard launch? Seems to be a group of about 7 people there every evening that I'm on the lake.
2016/04/22 13:27:20
outasync
I fish a ways north of it but can see the light at the launch. Are they all fishing the stretch to the left of the launch about halfway to the point?
2016/04/22 13:42:11
CAPTAIN HOOK
Caught lots of fish after sundown over the years. Midnight fishing is been in our blood for many years. Can't beat the quietness and calmness, and the strike in the darkness ! You need to be prepared with your gear ahead of time to save yourself trouble at night.

Small tip to beginners ....No lights ! 

Use minimum lights on water and turn your back toward shore when you do turn on a small light.
Walleye are especially sensitive to light and will spook away.
You would be surprised how shallow Walleye get when feeding, so no lights will produce more fish. Some nights we rarely turn a light on !
2016/04/22 13:51:32
outasync
I've had equal success with lights on or off. Some of my best nights there were 4 of us with lights on the whole trip.
2016/04/22 13:51:48
roygpa
Outasync: yes they are to the left of the Orchard launch, bunched up more than I would expect. but what do I know? Not sure where the point is that you are referring to. One of the waders is always out really far, like he should be flooding his waders... and there's always a boat out there, probably casting back at the waders.

Thanks for the tips Captain.

-Roy 
2016/04/22 14:26:15
outasync
Yeah that's why I don't fish there until later at night. Usually by 11 it's cleared out. This year I've had to wade further than usual to get more hits. I used to wade about thigh or knee high now I'm up to about 4 inches from the top of my waders. I've caught alot of fish casting parallel to the bank.
2016/04/22 15:33:56
roygpa
Anybody here fishing either of the Pymatuning Lake Association tourneys? Crappie on April 30th and Walleye on May 14th. My wife  signed me up as a member for Christmas, and I volunteered to help help on the 30th. Was just thinking it might be a good way of meeting anybody who hangs out here.

-Roy

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account