2016/04/06 05:08:39
smally hunter
Iv been fishing pymie 1-2 times a week from ice out to October consistently for o idk 4 yrs now ... And in that time I've had 3 trips ever that I've kept over 25 fish ... And the most was 46 ... So would the limit effect me? No ... I'm lucky to get over ten keepers on any given trip cuz I swear that lake gives me the good old "should have been here yesterday" treatment ... And by all standards pymie isnt worth keeping any fish under 10 inches because you can have those magical days where you find the slabs ... My biggest is 15.25 black crappie but I have seen 16 inchers ... So with that said how could an imposed limit be such a problem ? I can't imagine there's any one single person that consistently each trip gets more than idk 20 quality keepers . so with that in mind I'm all for change ... It's been 3 years for me now since I've seen consistent slab action but 6-8 inchers are common ... So it seems it would benefit the fishery to have said limit ... Let em grow !!
2016/04/06 05:21:57
thunderpole
I very rarely catch craps below 10in out of there most times we wouldn't keep below 10-12in fish and 20-30 is more then I wanna clean at a time and if they shut walleye down in April well good by wading back to stupid trout fishing selling all my gear who wants rapalas? I honestly would I could slam eyes in the river it's closer but out of season so I go to pyme sold the boat so I can't troll anymore I'd be really upset if they shut eyes down, how about just no party barge snagging? .........I'll just move to Montana since pa wants is gonna ruin my only gear fishing then I can be a "prostaff" trout Fisher get a job in a fly shop and tell people about all the fishing I don't actually do
2016/04/06 05:30:17
smally hunter
I probably just need to explore more ... The only reason I ever keep over 20 is if I'm giving away fish to ppl who can't go as much as I do .. My dad and grandpa consume 75% of my catch and unless I'm keeping for others I only need 5 for myself
2016/04/06 05:41:22
thunderpole
I'd keep more if I ever really got into them typically 5-15 fish but like I said I'd hate to clean 50 by myself I'd definitely be recruiting help lol well let's see if pyme will produce anything today this am muskie on the fly just twisted a leader then one last shot at eyes tonight I have little hopes , but o well at least I beat the stockies up yesterday on oil stupid trout
2016/04/06 08:12:36
CAPTAIN HOOK
Last night was cold....eyes on pole iced up constantly (pain) but , did nail one nice Eye. No wind after 9 pm. so that helped a little. Water clear and lots of stars in the moonless sky. Had a hand warmer for help. No crowds for some reason ?  LOL ....  beats working !

Trout day this Sat. ( mentored youth day ) for kids.

2016/04/06 10:20:58
BeenThereDoneThat.

Just joking Captain, seriously I am, you should know me by now.  What I really meant to say was.............................

Congratulations, it was a cold one last night,  my propane heater was burning super high.........  10-4!!!
2016/04/06 12:53:34
thunderpole
Just checked the weather absolutely perfect conditions for tonight! I'm stoked good luck gents
2016/04/06 16:54:59
Big Tuna
Nice fish Brock.
2016/04/06 18:03:01
CAPTAIN HOOK
Thanks Fred, boats won't be crowded on the lake tonight with the gale force winds !  Mother Nature might toss out some road blocks tonight. 
2016/04/06 22:11:52
CAPTAIN HOOK
Short night for me, rain wasn't too bad, lake was churned up and somewhat murky. Surprisingly the wind wasn't too bad either, I just struck out. Going to lay low for a few days. Good fishing fellas !

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account