2016/04/05 13:51:23
wirenut45
outasynch, I must be a " glass half full type, but i think a vast majority of guys WILL self police. most of the guys i know already do, both size ,n, numbers. most don,t want to be filleting for hrs. at a time. anyway, if only 50 % do obey the law, that has to mean a lot more fish in the lake . wire
2016/04/05 14:24:19
outasync
Honestly how many guys keep more than 20 or 30 fish per person. I think the most my dad, brother and I kept in a trip was 25.

I wouldn't mind seeing the walleye limit being reduced to 2 a day from April to June either. That'd help keep the madness at the spillway limited.
2016/04/05 18:20:08
bubbaman
sounds great should have been done years ago. limit crappies to 25 and close walleye or reduce creel april  to may. come on pfbc compromise with ohio
2016/04/05 19:04:32
Big Tuna
25 combined panfish should be enough fish for everyone. Pa.has a 50 fish limit that's ridiculous,and Pymatuning no limit is crazier.  I personally would like to see a 10" fish up being legal. You want bigger panfish,you got to let them grow up. It's ridiculous to keep 8-" 9 " crappie. Panfish in my opinion are over harvested all over the state,I ice fish many lakes,and I'll pick through big numbers on Shenengo and Authur to keep a mess,maybe 10- 15 fish,yet there's guys all around me with limits of dink crappie and gills. Really don't get it,just to say you got your limit?
2016/04/05 20:47:58
BeenThereDoneThat.
outasync
Honestly how many guys keep more than 20 or 30 fish per person. I think the most my dad, brother and I kept in a trip was 25.

I wouldn't mind seeing the walleye limit being reduced to 2 a day from April to June either. That'd help keep the madness at the spillway limited.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Keep 20 or 30 fish, dam................  I'd be happy if I could just catch some fish!
2016/04/05 21:26:49
slabfinder
Must be too cold to fish thread has gone crazy busy!
2016/04/05 21:53:30
BeenThereDoneThat.
Don't mind the upper thirties low forties until the the wind begins.  It's that windchill thingy that sends me blogging.... 10-4?

Looks to be at 32 F. when the sun comes over the tree tops in the morning, eventually making it to 60 degrees by late afternoon and bringing 22 MPH wind with it, for my little piece of Penn's Woods.

I guess a guy could try his luck in the bays protected from the wind or drop a couple of anchors overboard if fishing the main lake.  

Let me know how ya make out, I'll be waiting anxiously, to see what I missed.  I'm getting soft in my old age and becoming such a fair-weather fisher anymore.
2016/04/05 22:53:39
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Let me know how ya make out, I'll be waiting anxiously, to see what I missed.  I'm getting soft in my old age and becoming such a fair-weather fisher anymore.
lol already have hit that " fair weather fisherman thingy" you speak of .... Heck I even pushed my boat back into the garage..... It will warm up someday 🍺
2016/04/05 22:54:37
slabfinder
This whole work thing gets in the way!
2016/04/05 23:03:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
slabfinder
This whole work thing gets in the way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear ya on that work thingy Slab so, I said to heck with that.  That's worse than the windchill thingy!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account