2016/04/05 07:36:12
ICE NUT
I couldn't agree more a 20 fish limit and 9 inches is about right I'm my opinion.At mosquito lake in ohio they had that 9 inch ule for awhile now and there are some real slabs in there.It will be hard to enforce though they need to check everyone at the launch ramps and make the fine really high that would put a damper on the lawless. You know like a thousand bucks and boat confiscation!!!!!!!!! Whatever they can do to enhance pymatuning lake I'm for I love that lake and I would like nothing better than to see it improve and get as good as it was just a few years ago!!!
2016/04/05 07:55:42
eyesandgillz
ICE NUT
I couldn't agree more a 20 fish limit and 9 inches is about right I'm my opinion.At mosquito lake in ohio they had that 9 inch ule for awhile now and there are some real slabs in there.It will be hard to enforce though they need to check everyone at the launch ramps and make the fine really high that would put a damper on the lawless. You know like a thousand bucks and boat confiscation!!!!!!!!! Whatever they can do to enhance pymatuning lake I'm for I love that lake and I would like nothing better than to see it improve and get as good as it was just a few years ago!!!

Well....boat confiscation...that is a little extreme....especially with a potential change to a "no limit" law that has been in place for awhile now?  Lots of warnings should be the first year's approach with A LOT of signage at launches, bait shops, etc. to make anglers aware of any new changes.  After sufficient notice is given, then start handing out tickets for over limit/undersized fish.  But boat confiscation or $1000 fines, me thinks that is a little overboard.  

I still like Ohio's proposal of 30 fish per angler but I can see where PA would want to go with their standard panfish enhancement regs. and 20 fish.  We shall see. Both sides have to agree to have a chance of getting is passed.  I think Pymy could handle the 30 fish limit esp. with the 9" min. enacted.
2016/04/05 08:00:16
BeenThereDoneThat.
Enforce the rule, $1000.00 fine, boat confiscation??   DAM-it-boy them some harsh penalties and, I couldn't agree more with your thinking. There needs to be strict compliance and those who want to 'foul play' should be made to pay.

Enforcement would not be that difficult, just make 99% of the PSFBC biologist do something other then ride around on their pontoon taking samples of fishy scales.  After all,  The mission of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is to protect, conserve, and enhance..... with protect being first and foremost.  I think we already know about the "enhancement" thingy and how that's been working out.
2016/04/05 08:41:00
hsimmons6351
If Ohio is 30 fish and Pa. is 20 fish, why not 25 lake wide. that way no one would have any complaints. I am all for it. I to have seen coolers full being taken
2016/04/05 10:37:23
ICE NUT
Don't have to confiscate for long a week or two with a nice large get out of jail fine should do it! Kinda of like when you park where not supposed to in Pittsburgh and they tow your car to the pound its 300 bucks to get it back!! Works well very few repeat offenders!!!!!!!!! If not going to enforce it and with strict penalities WHY BOTHER
2016/04/05 10:53:05
mopars0
ICE NUT
Don't have to confiscate for long a week or two with a nice large get out of jail fine should do it! Kinda of like when you park where not supposed to in Pittsburgh and they tow your car to the pound its 300 bucks to get it back!! Works well very few repeat offenders!!!!!!!!! If not going to enforce it and with strict penalities WHY BOTHER
. Couldn't agree more ..... Good idea !!!!
2016/04/05 10:55:11
crappiefisher
https://www.google.com/ur...lcv435Pw970gbZ9CPiueHg

Thought Pymy.is one ov the best Crappie lakes around??  When they tried the ten fish limit at Arthur & Whillem it didn"t work as planned. Couldn't read the article posted on Pymy Crappie so would the limit be just on Crappie & has nothing to do with the combined limit ov Perch & Gills??
2016/04/05 11:24:53
ZelieSam
nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law

Not to interrupt a fine discussion between you constitutional scholars, but that pesky 5th amendment thingy... MAN I hate that.  Don't you?  

2016/04/05 11:59:18
chauncy
Get off the keyboard and get out and fish. Change the limit to 25 from May 1 to July 1 and shut walleye down on April 1 to June 1 too. Then see how the lake buisnesses like those two rules. If you want to improve the lake, why not go all out? Maybe shutdown bluegill fishing from May thru July too. Keep perch and catfish open year round.
2016/04/05 13:33:43
opsman
I don't think that a couple of guys fishing for crappies and being limited to 20 or so would have any affect on the local businesses as opposed to those same two guys keeping 50 or 60 each.  The local businesses are pretty much, a restaurant or two, bait shops and a marina or two.
Very few boats are rented as opposed to twenty years ago  Many more boat owners.  And anyone who fishes that lake with any regularity usually doesn't frequent the gas stations that have a tendency to be a wee bit higher in price as compared to their local stations at home.
I don't usually see a lot of business at restaurants, except he McDonalds in Andover which I swear is ALWAY busy.
And thirty years ago I could probably have named Thirty bait shops.  Now there are just a select few, but their demise was more because of plastics and not fishing opportunity.
The lake survived the Crappiethon days, and will survive being named in Bassmaster's top 100 bass lakes and the influx of bass tourneys.  
The bigger threats to the lake were probably the over fertilization of nearby fields, inadequate sewers, red spot disease, etc.
All in all it's a terrific fishery and I hope it stays that way for a looonngg time.  Personally, ten or so crappies a trip is fine with me, as many times that I go.  I wouldn't know what to do with more!
As far as the keyboard vs the lake, I'm with you and I thought really hard about it today but I couldn't bring myself to freeze again.  Of course my next day off is Saturday and... nvm, it's going down to 18 degrees Friday night and 40% chance of snow Saturday!!  Someone else can have my twenty that day! lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account