2016/04/04 16:12:47
pensfan1
IMO, this would be great for the lake. I have heard of coolers full of 70s 80s and even up from guys during the spawn. Also I think 9" min size would be good also. Hope they can pass those changes sooner than later.
2016/04/04 16:23:17
BeenThereDoneThat.
  GOOD GRIEF..............  the end of the world must be nearing!!!!!

I know yinz won't believe this but I, have to, agree with a PSFBC Biologist.

Grand idea!!

ewww and that means agreeing with some of yinz too!

2016/04/04 16:27:05
opsman
^^^^I'm sure that hurts!    lol 
2016/04/04 16:30:42
pensfan1
Ya fo shure, jus say'IN
2016/04/04 16:48:32
roygpa
i didn't realize that there was no limit on crappies until this year. I always limited myself to what I thought my family could eat. A couple of the biologists were talking about this at the open house at the Linesville hatchery. 

I'm all for greater than 9 inches and 20 fish, sign me up.  I say change it for this year.

-Roy
2016/04/04 17:09:26
pensfan1
Enforcement is going to be a major problem I would suspect. With all the shore fisherman in every little nook n cranny. Plus let us not forget about the black hat bargade. Hey maybe they will have to hire more DEC jus say'IN.
2016/04/04 18:43:47
crappiefisher
  The combined limit for panfish at Arthur was 10 for some yrs. It didn't seem to make the fishin' better so they changed it back to 50. Noticed pressure was lighter, the meat hogs just went to Shenango & Pymy instead. I'd think the pressure will go up at Wihelm & Shenango which is just fine with me as it was when Arthur had a reduced limit. Since Arthur & Pymy are my home waters . The fishin' ain't gonna get better but the pressure might thin a tiny bit. Don't fix if not broken 

happy crappie 
2016/04/04 20:45:06
opsman
I'm sure I can remember a time when Pymatuning had a 50 combined limit for panfish.  I'm not sure if it was still around when the walleye limit went from 13" to 15" or not.  Pretty sure the walleye change was in the mid 80s but I am certain when I was I kid in the 60s that there was a 50 limit
2016/04/04 21:19:07
walleye taker
Opsman you are indeed correct when I was a kid the lake indeed was 50 a day limit up until the mid 80s I believe
2016/04/04 22:39:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good luck fishing Wilhelm, that's one lake that should be special enhancement and they should start with "LEAVING THE WEEDS ALONE"!!!

Crappie I would love to see the masses flock to Shenango, it would be really neat to see the lake plugged up so bad with anglers that the, one week a year, "old fat shirtless hairy guys" can't fly around with their big loud motors whipping screaming kids around on a rubber facsimile of the LocNess Monster.  Add to that now, "old fat shirtless hairy guys" whipping around on a PWC dragging another "old fat shirtless hairy guy" on water skis.  

For my fan club, may yinz be blessed with that vision, each and every time you close your eyes, from now until, forever!  

However, that being said, I still agree with those in favor (including the biologist) [he said grimacing, with pain] of the Pymie recommendation. 

Tight lines to all.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account