2016/04/02 15:05:31
BeenThereDoneThat.
roygpa
Is the lure of choice typically a big shallow running Rapala? Anybody have luck with anything else? Might try tonight and tomorrow night. Supposed to be a balmy 34 degrees tomorrow night with some snow. Just right. :)
I think that the global climate change problem has reversed itself to global cooling and it started the day after my wife and I closed on our cottage in Espyville. Get ready for an ice age. We can ice fish year round except for the on mile thick glacier on top of the lake.

-Roy

Roy I'm thinkin' this might be the year of "Global Wind"  

I bet I know how I can fix the wind thingy, I'll just go buy a sailboat and with my luck, the wind will stop for sure.
2016/04/02 15:23:10
Big Tuna
Roy,a lot of stuff will work,Raps 11's Firetiger perch,silver and black.  Long A bombers floaters short lip, Bango's short lip,  Thunder sticks ,even spoons,a leadhead jig and a 4" twister tail,cast the jig out let it sink a little and nice slow retrieve. I prefer 1/8 oz head,it's light and easier to feel the sometimes light bump. I'd be lying if I didn't say my go to lure is a Rap. Good luck.
2016/04/02 22:44:15
CAPTAIN HOOK
I'm thinking a good size net dragging behind the boat might work best !

Get the snow shovels back out.....it's back !
2016/04/03 02:27:41
thunderpole
I wish I cold like your comment captain
2016/04/04 13:41:51
eyesandgillz
Possibly new crappie fishing regulations in Pymy's future:

http://blog.triblive.com/wild-outdoors/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2016/04/Outdoors-page-4-3-16.jpg

Can't say I disagree but, I think the 20 limit might be a little low for Pymy and would think Ohio's proposal of 30 per angler at a min. of 9" would be good.
2016/04/04 14:03:11
opsman
20 at 9"  Great idea!!!  One fellow quoted that it will turn people away from the lake?  Let me know, I'll hold the door open for them!  IMO a 9" crappie for that lake is small, but that's just me, and I rarely keep more than ten or so anyhow.  Hope this goes through, and if need be, then let it be a limit of 30, but I'm rooting for 20
2016/04/04 14:16:27
marco
I love the idea!...all for it
2016/04/04 14:17:23
outasync
I would be happy with that. But would be really be enforced? I only seen 1 guy checked last year. They don't have the manpower to enforce the rules now.
2016/04/04 14:48:58
mopars0
It will be interesting to see how this goes. I don't mind it either usually only keep 10 or 15 most of the time ..wife doesn't like fish so I just take what is good for me usually picky on the size I keep also.... Then there are days I don't have to be picky cause I catch zero fish 😜
2016/04/04 15:35:11
opsman
In the last three years I have been checked three times on the North end, and on several other occasions they were checking incoming boats at the marina.  It won't be an end all, but it's a start.  Too many times I see guys at the docks talking about their "catch" only to see twenty or so crappie in a minnow bucket!
If they check boats en masse the first year or so the word will get out.  Either way, I think it can only help the lake.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account