2015/02/23 13:09:14
troutguy
It was caught at Tamarack
2015/02/25 11:15:49
BeenThereDoneThat.

Mikastorm
My guess this was caught along  the Sandy Creek Trail above Kennerdell in the Allegheny.

Mikastorm I think ya hit it!

I'm seeing a R.R. bed (now the Samuel Justis Recreation Trail) in the background and the area blocked by the mosaic in the upper right hand corner is a R.R. trestle right at the confluence of E. Sandy Creek and the river.  Only Place I know between Franklin and Emlenton that has a picturesque view like this is Belmar.  The old R.R. trestle carrying the Sandy Creek Trail over the river will be just to the angler's left.

I'm thinking the R.R. trestle that carries the Sandy Creek Trail over Sandy Creek sits a bit further back from the confluence with the river.  Also, I believe the river at this point is not as wide and the current is faster.

I know the old R.R. crossed many tributaries to the Allegheny but, I don't recall any other trestles being right at the confluence any where between Franklin and Emlenton.

All this being said, I know nothing of the angler or to what extremes he may venture to, in fulfilling his dream of a world record Musky but, I would like to wish him the best of luck.  Both in catching that fish of a lifetime and, ice fishing on a river!
2015/07/18 23:20:07
BeenThereDoneThat.
Just spent the past 6 hrs. enjoying the company of my brother as, we had a good time fishing Pymie.  As for the fishing, my report is as follows..........!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou and good night.
2015/07/19 10:16:06
woodnickle
trolled from the dam to past stoker island and back....1 white bass....after putting away my gear in my truck decided to throw a top water for bass in the bay for a bass....caught a musky instead...small 20-22 incher. the fishing was fun but the catching sure sucked...that was Friday
2015/07/19 13:04:37
BeenThereDoneThat.
HEE HEE...............

I do have some of those short leader fishing lures available; couldn't use them effectively for toooooo many tourist boating on the lake.  However, I would liked to have tossed a few toward all those dang rental pontoons being piloted by "old hair men" trying to show off their junk!

Now get off that 'puter' and on your boat, Walcat.   Ummmmm, wait, what the heck am I doing on the 'puter'?

I gotta get.  
2015/07/19 14:45:06
outasync
Caught a 20 and 17 friday. Only 2 bites I had. After 4 hours of fishing my surgical repair area started to get sore so I headed in.
2015/07/19 17:14:27
outasync

2015/07/19 18:27:02
crappiefisher
Son owns a place 3 min. from launch so might give it a try or two this fall.
crappY
2015/07/19 19:19:06
sure am missing that lake right now.  hopefully the fall will bring less work and more opportunity.  in this insane and politically goofy world, pymy is one of the few places that make sense to me anymore.
2015/07/27 08:53:13
roygpa
Fished Pymatuning Saturday. Only caught 1 walleye 19 inches while drifting. Trolled leadcore for about an hour and caught nothing. There were people out there catching fish trolling Hot N Tot's Black and silver. Did all of our fishing just south of the causeway. For a time there was a mob of boats trolling just south of the PA bridge on the causeway. A friend talked to one boat that had taken 7 while trolling. Didn't see any boats on the stumps north of the causeway. Might be too late in the year for that. I'm just getting back into walleye fishing at Pymatuning after a 7 year break.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account