2016/03/16 11:05:30
ZelieSam
Big Tuna - you mistook my post, if some of your reply was aimed at me.  I don't care if people keep legal limits of fish.  I don't care if they keep every walleye they reel in.  I certainly do (though I'm not much of a menace there).  What bothers me is INTENTIONAL FOUL HOOKING fish.  And there is a very clear difference.  If you are out on the lake using a jerkbait and you hook a fish in the side of the head nobody cares.  That is going to happen.  If, however, you go to a place that is well know for holding fish that aren't eating but are easily snagged, and you proceed to snag them, you are doing the wrong thing and you **** well know it.  That's the issue here.  

Like Ice Nut said, this same issue makes steelhead guys insane.  Also a big problem in Alaska I've read/seen on TV.  With salmon runs.  
2016/03/16 12:11:06
ICE NUT
there's nothing sporting about snagging a fish either in a narrow wired area or a 6 inch puddle on an erie trib.
2016/03/16 12:26:12
CAPTAIN HOOK
I'm with you Z, I don't care if a person keeps a legal caught limit of fish every day! That is their option when they purchase a fishing license. The Fish Commission sets the limits and seasons nobody else. I 've been fishing way too long and have traveled to many areas and seen plenty of fishing tactics over the years. I know what are snagging methods, and I've seen the fly rod lifters at their best too. Jigging vertical with a weighted double treble hooked lure inches away from a nursery water holding area is not what I call sport fishing ! Meat fishing comes to my mind first, illegal snagging is a real close second. I call it like I see it , if that's legal and that's what certain people enjoy so be it. If they get busted same thing, so be it.  

Sonars and treble hooks are banned on the Maumee River and so is night fishing....I wonder why ?
2016/03/16 16:39:27
Big Tuna
Boys calm down I'm not for this form of fishing,nor did I take anyone's post wrong. I just saying it's gotten real bad there since the internet seen. Like I said last time there for me was 2006 and 2007. There's a real problem with a few dead beat unemployment fishermen that camp out there for the season. I may get in trouble for saying that but really don t care. They have told me they get 200 plus eyes,and yes they are snaggers. After the warden watches half the night and leaves thing get ugly. I personally have never kept  a foul hooked fish. I will say this there's a grey area between wardens, one told me in the mouthful other told me on the face forward the gill covers. I fished there when the wardens are there,I prefer that,for two reasons one I've asked them if it's a good catch,two keeps.the renegades under control.  My friend never did it and wants to go out of the boat,but I keep making excuses. We went crappie and gill fishing twice in the past few days so he's happy keeping some fish. I keep telling him it's combat fishing.lol
2016/03/16 18:29:29
slabfinder
Every year this is an issue. And it will continue. Write a letter will get you farther than simply complaining on here.
2016/03/16 22:07:43
CAPTAIN HOOK
All good here.....Time for a change up, check these out tonight after fishing ( skunk ) right place right time !

2016/03/16 23:10:12
BeenThereDoneThat.
Saw the sunset from my front yard this evening, just gorgeous, reminds me of a song............ 10-4!!
2016/03/17 07:54:19
The Ref
Great pictures as usual Brock. I have watched the spillway insanity a few times it's not for me either.
2016/03/17 08:45:46
Walleye jigs
God's work at its best!!! Great pictures too!!!
2016/03/17 09:37:41
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Great pics captain. I got to enjoy that sunset from the lake last night. Was a beautiful night to be out, but unfortunately the fish didn't think so. 1 short strike and that was it. Was definitely a windy sob. Caught a rogue wave down the front of my waders which made an early end to the evening.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account