2016/03/15 20:33:25
CAPTAIN HOOK
Well finely after a life time of fishing I got to see a first, the Linesville Spillway Walleye frenzy action. What can I say politely and not offend this style of fishing. I'm not sure that this is even fishing. They hug that " Nursery Water Wire " like vultures on a fence post, just jigging those fluorescent sonars up and down steady. Just dip and rip. No casting , no bait, no variety of other lures, just good old treble hooked sonars . Seen 3 Walleye caught and all were hooked in the bottom outside gill plate and all went on stringers. A guy told me "they hammered them last night" and I'm thinking I bet they did ! Seems a shame to ambush spawning Walleye so close to a Nursery Water Zone with such low sporting tactics. Each to his own but, you will never see me fishing anywhere near that zoo !  
2016/03/15 20:51:40
ZelieSam
You have to wonder how a "fishery" like that, which seems so easy to police and put a stop to continues.  Write enough citations there to fix the weed problem in the lake.  Hell, write enough to double stock the entire NW zone.  Eventually people will get the message.  And good on them.
2016/03/15 21:47:20
mopars0
Yeah Captain , have always heard about that also ..... Nope not for me, yes it's a shame that this is allowed to happen ... Never went to see it myself ..... I just enjoy being out on the water if I get lucky that is good if not that is ok too ...
2016/03/15 23:18:12
Big Tuna
Not sticking up for anybody,this style of fishing is different to say the least. I've caught plenty in the mouth,I've also snagged plenty. There's a way to fish a blade bait and a way to intentionally snag. The wardens told me there's about 5 percent natural reproduction of eyes . Pymy is a great fishery because it's heavily stocked by both states. Stocked fingerlings work there not fry. Where there's a run of fish in any body of water,they get hit hard. Erie,steelhead,Maumee river gets torched,with eyes and then white bass. Unfortunately most fish are easier or more congregated when they spawn. This spillway thing will never get shut down,there's quite a bit of revenue generated there. Nobody  complain about ropes of spawning crappie carried out by buckets,or people pounding big gills off there beds. As sportsmen you have to make a choice, taking a few fish will not  affect the over all population,not every eye in the lake heads to the spillway. We all know this lake takes a year round pounding,it's just not a spring thing,leadcore summer trolling takes a huge number also to a small percentage of fishermen. There's an old saying 10 percent of the fishermen catch 90 percent of the fish.You can catch eyes now where water moves, the bridges on the causeway,bridge 20, at the mouth of a small stream in Ohio. The stream the runs behind the school on the propagation side is loaded. It's close now ,but when it opens in May,try drifting a creek chub to to wire. I've killed eyes there,any gravel or sandbar will yield eyes, floating  Rap11,long A bombers,Bango stick baits,jigs and twister will take fish also. Years age a white buck tail jig tipped.with a small flathead caught plenty. I  caught many limits at the Spillway on jigs,but now you can't fish that way,due to the crowd and boats. All I can say it will be over very soon,two more weeks and it's done. I prefer wading the points,and feeling the eye stop my stick bait.Good fishing to all.
2016/03/15 23:44:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dang Tuna, I like that 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish thingy.  Now I can proudly say I am a statistic and part of the 90% category, who don't catch fish.
2016/03/16 06:57:25
ICE NUT
I feel the same way about 25 guys who look like L L Bean or Cabelas Cover boys standing in a hole(Puddle) dangling their noodle rods at erie in hopes of catching or should I say lifting a steelhead on the bank. wont see me there either.
2016/03/16 08:13:47
Big Tuna
There's no L.L.Bean cover boys at the Spillway.lol Just the opposite.haha
2016/03/16 08:31:12
BeenThereDoneThat.

Are ya saying they may be "Duluth Trading."  cover boys...........?  "No Pinch, No Stink, No Sweat".
2016/03/16 08:47:03
Big Tuna
Your funny BTDT. Your being kind.lol
2016/03/16 08:52:03
BeenThereDoneThat.
Hey watch that "being kind" remark, it could ruin my image!!!!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account