2016/03/12 09:20:23
registered
BeenThereDoneThat.
Nice catch Crappie, love the "Catch & Carry theme"!   

Big Tuna, thank you for the 'heads-up', greatly appreciated.  I gotta get more serious about fishing when I'm on the lake, I heard playing with my Helix too much, I could have vision problems.

Catch a bunch.

I've heard somewhere to stop when you need glasses?
2016/03/12 09:24:40
BeenThereDoneThat.

2016/03/12 10:12:22
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Great post old dog. The simplicity of it and being out enjoying nature is what it's all about. Got out early this am for a few. Kept a mixed bag of 9 nice panfish. Little slow, but got to see a beautiful foggy sunrise and 2 mature eagles buzzing around. I'll be out searching for Walter again tomorrow evening. Wading in the rain is another favorite pastime.
2016/03/12 14:30:32
ZelieSam
Plus if you wade, you can build one of these:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9DYFNZdCZQ

:D
2016/03/12 19:36:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
Spring has sprung, the grass is riz (it's workin on it)

I wonder where all the birdies iz (ain't seen no Red Wing Blackbirds yet(or is it Black Wing Red Birds?))

AND....... it iz time to set your clocks for Daylight Savings Time. (spring forward; fall back)

Your Welcome.

Went fishing at Pymie today, (don't ask (stupid fish)) went back home, end of story.

Leave me alone, I'll get over it, thank you! 
2016/03/12 20:47:35
CAPTAIN HOOK
Can't beat wade fishing and watching that sun slip away getting ready for the strike !

Pymatuning sunset in Spring
BTDT are you using rubber hooks again !   LOL ... I just had to toss that out
2016/03/13 11:10:26
olds-Pa
BTD...Saw 1 redwing blackbird yesterday. There has been 1 hardy robin in the apple tree since Feb. 1, a pair of pileated woodpeckers also and the bluebirds are scoping out the nest box in the yard too. Those signs said time to join the circus flotilla in a well known vertical jigging spot. We usually visit there 2 times a year to get some walleyes in the freezer to carry us in eats til the opener in May. The score was 6 walleyes from 8pm until 2 am. Size ranged from 15 1/2 to 17 1/2". Water temp on surface was 46 and decreased to 43 when we left The lake was like glass...
olds
2016/03/13 12:53:14
BeenThereDoneThat.
Ummmm....... 8:00 PM to 2:00 AM,  alllllll hell now I know I won't be catchin any 'eyes'!

Congratulations on your catchin olds and as for the Red Wings, I'm thinkin somebody was just 'joshing me' about them birds.  I still ain't seen any and sure looks like spring has sprung to me.  Besides, the peepers is singing real pretty every night and..... mornings too.

Enjoyed your report, keep em coming and send pictures.

Keep those lines tight, maybe catch ya on the water sometime.
2016/03/13 13:13:14
outasync
I've had a flock of the Redwings in the back yard every morning. Been seeing quite a few Robins and bluebirds out this way too.
Hopefully this week the bite will really start!
2016/03/15 06:47:46
bassackwards
I hit various areas of Pymy on Sunday morning form land (in the rain !). Started at the causeway, worked crawlers and cranks for about an hour with no luck. Moved over to Wilsons and picked up a few decent perch, then went to the spillway and fished for about 2 hours. The "wall-nuts" were lined up pretty thick in the channel, so I stayed to myself off to the NE side of everyone else. I picked up an additional few perch.

It was nice to get out, and even nicer to pick up a few perch on crawlers. Seemed a bit early to get much action on crawlers, but I didn't want to waste time picking up minnows.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account