2016/03/11 19:22:49
CAPTAIN HOOK
Thanks Roy, it was good. Rich, I really like light breading or corn meal style coating. I'm not one for the batter dips , they just seem too greasy. I even like plain baked fish with a little seasoning. Got lucky with a couple fresh Walleye for today. I bought that Shore Lunch just haven't cracked open the box.....soon.

Big Tuna, you got some good stories and tips up on Pymatuning, sounds like you put some serious fishing time in over the years. I fished Linesville fairly steady in the 70's but gave up on Pymy on into the 80's & 90's. Started fishing the Great Lakes and local fishing kind of faded away. Now I mix it up about 80% local , 20% North.      
2016/03/11 20:45:06
BeenThereDoneThat.

Shore lunch.......................................

Sure wished it would of been big enough for lunch........................

Put a second Eye in the boat but, it was even smaller.  Ditzled around in 28 FOW the entire time (5 hrs.) bouncing Sonars on the bottom.

Bit chilly on the lake with the air temperature hovering at 40 degrees along with a light wind out of the NE.  

Water temperature at Jamestown launch is 40.5 degrees, up 3 degrees from Tuesdays reading and if the forecast for tomorrow holds true, I wouldn't be surprised to see the surface temperatures approaching 45. 

Good chance parking at Jamestown launch may be at a premium come tomorrow afternoon.

See yinz there!!

MESSAGE FOR CAPTAIN HOOK...............  ATTENTION CAPTAIN HOOK...................  

2016/03/11 21:47:00
CAPTAIN HOOK
It's a start BTDT ! Too bad he wasn't a Perch that would be a beauty.

Persistence will pay off...........someday......sure beats working ! 
2016/03/11 21:57:12
BeenThereDoneThat.
Captain that is for sure, will we be seeing you on the water tomorrow or you going up to Linesville and watch the action at the wall?
2016/03/11 22:26:13
ZelieSam
Going to rain all week or I'd invite myself to fish with you BTDT.  :)  Besides I get my boat back tomorrow and it needs work!  Keep learning that lake buddy.  Nice catch, too!
2016/03/11 22:42:39
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Sam, I think you are smart sticking with your boat.  Nicer days are coming and I know you will want to get her on the water.  You'll look good flying around Shenango blaring your radio and running your big motor. (lol)

Docks will be going in at Shenango soon buddy, fish will be hitting better and it will all make for a much funner day.  Plus, I should have a better idea of what the hell I'm doing with the new sonar/GPS.  Geez that thing is really neat, I finally figured out....... how to turn it on!!
2016/03/12 01:13:50
Big Tuna
The wife cooked up a mess of crappie and gills from my short ice season,they where quite tasty. She made 1/2 hot Cajun and 1/2 in Italian 4 C's bread crumbs,hand cut French fries,homemade onion rings,and homemade coleslaw. I must have done something right,to get a meal like that, she been slacking on the fish fries this winter.BTDT , I'm know expert but you might try shallow warmer water, I did well on the sand bars dragging 1/8 oz leadheads with chartreuse 3-4 inch tails. Also it's about time to throw black and silver Raps of the gravel points in the low light times. That sand bar down from Wilson was my favorite early spot. Captain Hook, I did the same as you Pymy was my go to lake,then we graduated to the big ponds Erie on Ontario. Big water big fish. Now I'm 63 big fish don't seem to interest me, I'll take a delicious mess of big gills or slab crappie or jumbo perch. Good fishing,with all the rain coming next week the spillway will be on fire. Going to fish all night one day next week there but it will be out of the boat,not the wall. Any slab action yet bridge 20?

2016/03/12 04:49:57
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Nice start to the wading season there captain. After fighting a head cold most of the week I finally felt good enough to say hell with it, and loaded up the waders. Hit a point that I started fishing last year and after 45min of pitching the swimbait finally managed to hook up with a healthy 20" eye.

Another 45min of casting produced no more bites. Felt great to get out. I do alot of boat fishing, but early wading is by far my favorite time to be out. Nothing quite like standing stomach deep in 40° water watching all the eagles and waterfowl on pymy do their thing, and sometimes the fish even cooperate. Good luck everyone!
2016/03/12 06:29:48
BeenThereDoneThat.
Nice catch Crappie, love the "Catch & Carry theme"!   

Big Tuna, thank you for the 'heads-up', greatly appreciated.  I gotta get more serious about fishing when I'm on the lake, I heard playing with my Helix too much, I could have vision problems.

Catch a bunch.
2016/03/12 07:28:17
CAPTAIN HOOK
Good one Crappie, I'm with you on the wading style fishing, got to love those quit calm mornings and evenings. I'll be hitting those shorelines on and off till around May. I'll have the boat out also, but there's something special about tossing those lures from shore. Must be those old  flashbacks from younger days catching fish.

Big Tuna sounds like one great meal to me ! I don't hit the Great Lakes as much either kind of got so crowded that the fun wore out. Got spoiled when half the people didn't even realize what was going on years ago. I still sneak up to the creeks during the weekdays once in awhile and fish the more remote areas ( if that's possible ) to wet a line. I'm right there with you on the age bracket and staying closer to home and fishing the local scene works fine for me too !

BTDT, I agree with Big T...  I think those Walleye are running shallow with spawning season here some good shallow shoals should hold fish early season.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account