2016/03/07 21:31:00
BeenThereDoneThat.
I'll let ya know what's happening at the south end, heading there tomorrow.

Any docks in, up north Smally????
2016/03/08 13:06:26
smally hunter
Honestly didn't look at the ramps lol
2016/03/08 15:39:34
opsman
Lol, sorry to disappoint you!  Haven't been up yet.  Got the boat ready but I'm looking at this weekend as the earliest..I'm going to guess that they are, but don't plan a trip around that!
2016/03/08 16:50:57
opsman
Quick update.  Daniel, the Ops Mgr of dept of NR at Pymatuning informed me that the launch dock is in and there were about 25 vehicles there this morning!  He also said the contractor is removing the remaining marina docks over the next few weeks.
The concession phone number has been disconnected.  When all the reno is complete I believer there will be new management for the concession/rentals

2016/03/08 18:06:09
opsman
Ya, that would be a hoot!  Somehow I could see me reporting off for work a whole lot!!!!
I am not sure if they still put it up for bid or how they award the concession now.  I'm pretty sure the folks who were running it were doing it just on a temporary basis to help out.  Think it will be interesting now with a dedicated area to launch kayaks.  Seeing more and more of them up there every year so it's nice they are giving them an area to launch from without competing with the other boats.
2016/03/08 21:07:00
BeenThereDoneThat.
Just got back from Jamestown after spending seven hours on the water and I'm very happy to say, I haven't lost my touch. As usual, I didn't catch crap............stupid fish.  

Didn't really matter cause I just boater moated around and played with my Helix.     Uhhh, fish finder.....  I mean my Helix fish finder!!

Lost one legal Eye at the boat (screwing around trying to reach the net) and boated two other sub-legals along with a nice slab crappie that had some damage from a toothy critter.

All fish came from 27 FOW bouncing a Sonar off the bottom.  Water temp in the main lake is 37.5 degrees with some 40 degree water on the east side of the islands.

Didn't see em but stories of catching nice Crappie along with Blue Gills were coming from the marina docks.

Talked to no other boater moats as they seemed to shy away when they saw me playing with my Helix.

Enjoyed myself so much, I think I'll do it again tomorrow but, only if I am able to move and get out of bed in the morning.  I think I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Til next time, tight lines.

PS.  Does anybody know, is Aloe good for sunburned ear lobes???
2016/03/08 21:27:51
slabfinder
Aloe is good for anything burned! Sun didn't come out until 2 PM here in Pittsburgh area!

I just picked up an elite 5 I'm sure I'll be playing with too when I'm up!
2016/03/08 21:37:54
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Slab I appreciate the info.  The Elite-5 is a nice machine, uses the SD cards and plenty of mapping options.

I gotta go get some Aloe and get off this 'puter', fingernails hurting too much to type.

Maybe see ya on the Pymie. 
2016/03/09 08:21:04
ICE NUT
John wife and I fished the marina docks yesterday and it was its usual slow!!!!!!!!!!!.Rumors of nice fish being caught there are just that rumors did see a few very few and they weren't nice fish some tiny gills ect.Saw maybe 30 guys come and go and they were fishless!!!!!
2016/03/09 09:14:02
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Nut, I learned a long time ago, one anglers trophy is another angler's bait.  Heyyy, maybe I should "coin that phrase".

Here's some info sum yinz may find interesting regarding the construction on the Great Pymie.  Don't expect to use the 'Dam' road til December 10-4!!! http://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/local_news/pymatuning-state-park-upgrades-taking-longer-than-anticipated/article_bb429fb6-e4bc-11e5-b504-ff02837fe442.html  

Now if yinz will 'xcuse me, Pymie beckons.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account