2015/02/20 20:44:55
walleye taker
This perch was 15 in I caught it last year out of Pymatuning my buddie got a 14 in just as big what a hog!!!

Sorry guys tried posting picture and for some reason I can't anymore with my iPad
2015/02/20 20:48:03
i've seen some perch come out of there that were much fatter than their cuzins, the walleye.  that lake has some real jumbos.  
2015/02/21 14:12:14
SaltWaterRocks
Captain, anytime you say "I'm not calling anyone a liar", in reality you are.  The article was in the May 18 edition of a Bend Oregon Paper.  How long did the story take to make it to Bend?  Obviously it went out UPI, but how long before they picked up a story of a dead muskie in Monongahela?  So what explains the discrepancies you point out?  One, in 1986 fishing narcissists weren't as common as they are now so no, we didn't have a camera.  The muskie was pulled out of the river on the east bank just below the old Monongahela bridge location.  It was in good condition, not something you would run to the taxidermist, but not the condition described in the article.  Now, speculating a little here, it sounds to me by the comments made in the article that it was either "found" near pigeon creek or the aquatorium.  Both of these features are on the west side.  Did a dead fish swim the river?  Doubtful, but the other feature of the Monongahela river in this area was that, at that time, all of the boat launches were on the west side.  I don't remember the date I saw the fish, but I do know what I was doing.  I was crappie fishing; specifically, I was headed for pigeon creek to hit the schools of crappies that used to commonly spawn there.  Although I cant say for sure the date, I know I was crappie fishing and NOT walleye fishing.  I checked, walleye(and therefore musky) came in May 3.  I find it reasonable to think(guess, postulate) that they may have picked that fish up taken it to the boat ramp to measure it, and then dumped it back in the water(at one of the west side launches) because it was too early in the season.  One launch, at that time, was an unimproved launch right at the aquatorium and the other was Hannas Harbour just about maybe two miles upriver.  Either one would put it on the side I presume is being talked about in the article, and either one would give it time to change from the condition I saw it in to the condition described.  All speculation(other than I was crappie fishing) but it makes sense.

A photo makes it 99% not 100%?  So the Holocaust, the assassination of JFK, landing on the moon and the recent ISIS murders, all are only 99%?
2015/02/21 21:59:20
CAPTAIN HOOK
Once again I used the word doubt full because that's what I am. I don't doubt the whole story about the fish I just have a problem believing the length of 67 inches. I highly doubt that I'm alone on that thought. Maybe the guys that measured it were not as accurate. I guess the bottom line is once again, without some other verification there is no proof of that size it's just word of mouth.  I said "a" photo as in one photo only . Yes there are hundreds of pictures and videos of the Holocaust, JFK , and moon landings and I do believe. There are also pictures of Big Foot, Loch Ness monsters, and aliens.......you guessed it I don't believe !
2015/02/22 07:39:38
wirenut45
wait a minute, Capt,n, you,re sayin theres no squach? but i saw several blurry pics in the 60 or 70,s from the enquirer about a russian or mongolian woman who had a half squatch half human baby. you tellin me thats only 99 % true? da*n !!! lol wire
2015/02/22 08:55:03
BeenThereDoneThat.
Wirenut you've been very quiet....... Your not hiding any good fishing stories........ are you?

Good to see ya on the board; I trust all has been well.
2015/02/22 09:37:53
CAPTAIN HOOK
Mikastorm
My guess this was caught along  the Sandy Creek Trail above Kennerdell in the Allegheny.

Good guess.....the word is Freeport on the Allegheny. Don't know , don't matter , just saying.
Wirenut ck. it out...... LOL !

2015/02/23 07:28:14
wirenut45
HAY, whats my pic doing on the net? now everyone will be hittin my honey hole.  darn spot burners lol wire
2015/02/23 09:39:08
BeenThereDoneThat.
Wirenut if that is you, I am pretty sure you'll not need worry about 'spot burning'.  Something that ugly (no offense) will have not only that spot but, the whole stream and it's tributaries too!
2015/02/23 12:22:37
Chris Johnson
Stateline ponds, lol.

I've got an idea where. Any suggestions on where we could store our guesses until/if the actual location is revealed? Make it into a betting affair. If only for p!ssing rights.

Or, losers buy the winners dinner (soup to nuts) at Luke's restaurant. Maybe we could get the facts from the man himself, if he was properly motivated.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account