2016/02/25 13:22:39
CAPTAIN HOOK
I posted those photos the same day that happened just by coincidence. I never heard or seen anything out of the ordinary but like I said it was around 4-5 pm. I walked down to the shore near the dam and snapped those lake photos. There's just no way I would have walked 5 feet on to the lake ! You can see that ice is thin , cracked, and fairly dark. I'm no ice fisherman and no expert on ice thickness, but common sense kicks in just looking at it. Glad the guy made it thanks to some experienced rescuers and maybe some timing luck.  Oh by the way on my way home I stopped at McDonald's ...... fish sandwiches on sale 2 for $4.00 !

2016/02/29 09:05:17
roygpa
Saturday evening after dark, my wife and I saw two guys fishing from a boat around the bridges at the causeway. Air temp was about 38 degrees, water temp probably about the same and a strong wind from the south, so naturally they were on the north side of the causeway. I gotta say they have bigger balls than I do, I wouldn't have been out there in those conditions.

-Roy
2016/03/01 07:39:27
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Roy, I'm thinking this coming Sunday will be the Fish Hawk's 2016 maiden voyage to the Pymie.  Gonna do a road trip today and check out the Jamestown launch and see what I can see.  I'm just, sooooo excited!!!
2016/03/01 08:17:52
chauncy
Post some pics of that area for us.
2016/03/01 08:51:58
BeenThereDoneThat.
I shall be most happy to to do that Chauncy, Robinson's bait is reporting open water at the north end although, the docks are not in. https://www.facebook.com/RobinsonsBait/timeline?ref=page_internal 

Richter's at Jamestown saying docks are in (have been all year) but some bays still have ice.
 https://www.facebook.com/richtersbaitandgrocery/  If yinz have not seen it, check out the walleye caught through the ice this past Jan.  A picture is on the Facebook link.

2016/03/01 09:21:42
opsman
Usually put the docks in at Linesville mid March i thought.  Who's going to run the Marina after this year, do they still bid it out?  My understanding was that the same people aren't going to be operating the site after it closes down in June for renovations
2016/03/01 11:03:25
smally hunter
Going down tomorrow cold front or not .. Should be able to find something ., shore fishing only
2016/03/01 11:21:40
registered
BeenThereDoneThat.
Thanks Roy, I'm thinking this coming Sunday will be the Fish Hawk's 2016 maiden voyage to the Pymie.  Gonna do a road trip today and check out the Jamestown launch and see what I can see.  I'm just, sooooo excited!!!

Did you check out that prop slip over the winter?
Good luck out there just be careful.
My 18 Tohatsu is still setting in my basement.
Installed Boyesen dual stage reeds this winter (probably will never start again) and did normal maintenance.
Hoping to smooth out idle and bottom end trolling?
Plan to get it back on as soon as I'm done fiddling with my truck.
Hope to see you out there soon.
rob

2016/03/01 15:27:44
ICE NUT
I was just at pymatuning yesterday to fish docks.The Jamestown docks are in they were launching boats. The Linesville launch is open till june 1st.Just the launch no concession there were couple guys launching boats there also yesterday Almost wholw lake is open water som ice in bays stuewerts bay along shore was ice wont be there too long with these temps.
2016/03/07 21:15:11
smally hunter
It's way early but today was slowwwwww from shore ... Fished multiple North end locations... Got maybe 10 perch between 2 ppl from 10am-dark ... End of this week should be good ...

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account