2016/01/07 21:23:51
BeenThereDoneThat.
roygpa
Thanks BTDT. I didn't realize that a lot of the brush piles were private. Makes sense.

-Roy

Your more than welcome Roy and the neat thing about those brush piles, once in the water they are no longer private.  Now go catch some fish and heed Porktowns advice on turning off the "Share Data". Not that there is anything wrong with sharing data (with me) but, they charge you for the App so, let Navionics go find they're own brush piles.

Hope to see ya on the water in the spring, tight lines.
2016/01/19 08:56:47
roygpa
A couple days late but:

I was on the east side of the lake on Saturday about 1.5 miles south of the causeway. There was 2 to 3 inches of ice. It look to me that the lake was locked up all  the way across.  Didn't fish, I'm to fat to trust 2 to 3 inches, though it didn't break or crack under my weight.

-Roy
2016/02/01 09:35:03
roygpa
Ice was 5 to 6 inches on Saturday on the south end of the lake, and yesterday it looked like the surface was melting fast. Saw about 6 to 10 ice fishermen out on the south end on Saturday and a few on the north end. Robinson's reports the north end still has 5 to 6 inches. Richter's has a picture of a 10 pound walleye on their Facebook page  that a guy caught on Saturday. The next 4 days are supposed to be warm, so I don't know that the ice will last till next weekend or not.

I didn't fish either day, was doing work on the cottage.

Roy
2016/02/07 16:55:17
crappiefisher
  Finally got a Walleye boat today for mup there .   Hope I can get out a few times with my sons this yr. for Eyes & Panfish. Dang just got 'round 4000 BF ov rough cut for camp 
OwwE wHell there's always next yr. maybeE..

crappy
2016/02/07 18:26:11
Big Tuna
Congrats on the boat. I'm heading to Harrisburg to the sports show going to make a day trip,leaving at 5:30 AM returning sometime late at night. The ice is Ok and going to get better with the cold weather coming at Author,not my favorite lake but I need some fish,not into bass fishing,but medium 7" to a few 8"s gills are easy pickin. Mix a few nice crappie and few perch and it's a fry. Good luck with the boat, your boys will have ball.
2016/02/07 20:38:58
crappiefisher
Thanks BT,

They have enough fun as it is!
Muddy Creek is just a short dist. out my front door thru the wood. Love that place. Have a good un at the show.

crappy
2016/02/08 15:31:26
roygpa
Congrats on the boat crappiefisher. Maybe I will see you at Pymy this summer.
Was at Pymy on Saturday and ventured out on the ice to about knee deep, just to see what it was like walking on unsafe ice. Ice was 1 to 2 inches thick. Very thin at the shore. Could hear the ice starting to crack as I moved across it and spudded the thickness every 10 feet or so.
Looked for bait fish in a small creek not far from our place and spotted a couple of 3 to 4 inch long gizzard shad (I think.)  Found a few fossils in the rocks along shore, then called it a day and went back into the cottage and build some shelves in the laundry closet to store my fishing tackle. :)
-Roy
2016/02/08 18:18:59
crappiefisher
  Thanks Roy,
Nice that there are little cricks scattered through out the area for bait. I have to rip out built-in wormy chestnut shelves, darn Amish built 'em wall to wall, floor too ceiling covering the windows?? If u c  a young man working a foot control ripping crank baits while I relax waitin' for a snuff cans to trigger in a 16'.5" blue & silver Rebel ss, honk. Prob. stay up there 70% mid March 'till end ov yr. workin' on the place. 

crappy

2016/02/10 00:41:33
crappiefisher

Anyone try making rod holders with those plastic milk crates for drifting? You can keep the minnie bucket in it & have some tools etc. attached to the front or back with the pvc any angel on each side. Or you could flip it over & have a nice foot rest.

crappy

2016/02/21 00:48:44
smally hunter
Any open water at Wilson bay Stuart's the causeway or spillway decent drive for me but quite over this winter

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account