2015/12/16 18:56:14
BeenThereDoneThat.
Wellllllllll did ya catch anything like this??

Disclaimer:   Not caught by BTDT but, that will be our little secret so, don't tell Marcos...........  OK?
2015/12/16 18:58:08
chauncy
Had a real short day today. Didn't feel like fighting that cold wind so after about an hour and a half i left. Kept seven good crappies and only had a couple throwbacks. Might hit Shenango thursday for a few hours then i'm off to Hershey to watch my grandson play for the state championship in football.
2015/12/16 20:17:32
BeenThereDoneThat.
Truely a wonderfully beautiful day on the Pumatuning where I about froze my [explicit]  off in a mild but constant breeze, that reduced the temp to a chilly 28 degree wind chill.    Sonar was showing little fishy pictures on the screen just about everywhere I would go, along with gargantuan sized clouds of bait fish. Blade type lures where once again, the bait of choice and once again, I didn't catch crap.

All was not a loss, in fact, the day ended being very successful as I was able to enjoy meeting up with two good guys from the 'Burgh' and made the acquaintance of a recent retiree of the US Air Force.  Bob, once again, thank you for your dedication and service to our country.

I was fishing at the dam when registered (Rob) sneaked up on me where we continued to fish and thaw out thanks to the dam "breaking the wind " and, something resembling, the sun finally broke through the clouds.  We fished til just before sunset then headed for the launch site, loaded the boats and, joined Marco (Marco) on the docks where he boasted about the bucket of fish he............  had given to him.  It was at this time that we met Bob and the four of us continued fishing until dark.  Ya should of seen the size of the Crappie that Marco lost but, I told Marco his secret was safe with me so, I can't tell ya about it.

Now  to let yinz know, just how swell of a guy Marco is, we had a little bet going for today regarding the amount of fish caught to see who would have "bragging rights".  Well, I heard several times about me not having caught but one perch and Marco having a bucket of (donated) fish.  I reminded Marco that I wasn't done fishing for the day even though he was packing up to head home.  He had some minnows left and offered them to Rob who said he had plenty and didn't need them, offered them to Bob who echoed Rob and I, who had none, watched him dump the bucket of bait right into the water where we were fishing from the dock.

I'm sure our laughter could be heard through the Pymie Valley while the four of us gathered our gear and headed off the docks, enjoying more chyts and giggles, as we made our way to our vehicles.

I'm sorry to say, should I be asked to partake in another scenario such as to day I would have to say...........  You bet your [explicit].

Rob, Bob and, Marco thanks for good times!

Your friend and mine;

John.

PS.  We invited Bob to join us here on Fish/USA. 

Still better than a good day at work.

2015/12/16 20:18:43
marco
roflmao with my wife.  I am speechless!..dont know where to start..i been had big time!!! if you read the previous posts you will see we had a little     wager going w BTDT.  him and registered fished all day in the boats and I was off the dock.  we were gonna see who did better.  here is the short scoop...I caught some fish off the dock...they caught none...but they were nice enough to come and visit me on the dock before they left.  I thought ..wow what great guys!!..well....BTDT took a pic of my fish in my bucket and posts it here before I got home.  I will be laughing about this for a long time and I will remember that trick!...      Keep a close eye on BTDT..he is SNEAKY!!!!!!
2015/12/16 20:23:03
marco
Bob, Registered and BTDT...I had a ball...cant stop laughing!...cant wait to do it again!  Its not the fish you catch....it the friends you keep!
2015/12/16 20:27:29
BeenThereDoneThat.

MOI 

Marco... Good time buddy, looking forward to doing it again real soon.

Chauncy, Just missed ya again, I was going in while you were going out.  Was a tough one today, the wind just wasn't playing nice.

Best of luck to your grandson and his team.
2015/12/16 22:25:12
CAPTAIN HOOK
Go Farrell !   BTDT your a slickster.... but Walcat would be proud of you. 
2015/12/16 23:09:23
BeenThereDoneThat.
Marco, The "club" is planning a "tailgate" at Pymie sometime after Christmas and because ice fishing looks to be a bust, we are going for a "party on the docks".   Rob felt bad you weren't able to attend the meeting but I told him, you would be happy to hear the committee nominated you................to  bring the groceries.  ummmm no smoked trout...  Please?

I am in charge of the bait (now there's opportunity) so I figure if 12 people attend, I'll need two dozen minnows.  Give or take 1/2 dozen.

As soon as the plans are finalized, we will send out the invitations and get you the menu, 10-4?

2015/12/17 09:57:02
roygpa
We are a club now? Cool!
2015/12/17 18:52:16
marco
I am in..and I will bring groceries..but it seems kind of funny that it is on the docks where I was catching fish!  I know you guys wanna be like me..especially BTDT..i don't blame him.. if somebody wants to cook I will bring all the food fit for a king..steaks burgers, shrimp..whatever..i just cant cook but I will bring good food!..who is bringing wine?  lol..sounds like a big tailgate party..  regeristered and btdt..while they are cooking I will instruct on the art of catching fish!..hehehehe

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account