2015/11/25 13:28:13
marco
btdt,  I was one of the guys on the dock....5 other guys w me...stayed till 5...I caught seven craps..nice size...on guy caught zip..one guy caught 10 or 12 ond 1 eye....don't know about the others...we saw you out there I think...we said who was that guy out there all day catching nothing?...was that you?
2015/11/25 16:30:12
marco
to all the guys I have met on here..joking aside ...wish you all a great thanksgiving and many great fish stories in the future!
2015/11/25 18:22:21
BeenThereDoneThat.
Today was a drop dead gorgeous day on Pymatuning Reservoir.  I arrived at 12:10 pm and was pleasantly surprised to see several vehicles, with trailers, parked in the lot.  I didn't say a word but, got straight to work and, down the ramp I went.

Didn't have to go far when I started marking fish,got out my rods and, made a couple of throws.

Sky was clear and the sun was brite, wind was out of the SSE and making a perfect Walleye Chop.

As evening grew near with the sky still clear I knew a full moon would soon be here.

But this being the eve of a special holiday, I thought it best to give it a rest and, try again this coming Saturday.

So with that, may I say, to all my new found friends;  HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

PS.  You too Walcat.
2015/11/25 18:32:59
CAPTAIN HOOK
Now Walcat ...........   Check out these trophies I got tonight............. 

No biggies tonight................ Have a nice Turkey Day all !

2015/11/29 09:26:01
BeenThereDoneThat.
I do hope everyone (yeah.. including Walcat) had a happy and safe Thanksgiving.  Myself, I had a wonderful holiday with having my son, daughter and, families 'muppere' from the 'Burgh'.  The best part, I got to have two (as in 2) holiday dinners that included pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, cookies and, apple pie.

Even better, back to my exercise routine to work off all the extra calories.  Yep..... "believe it or not" I have a training, regimen that includes but, not limited to; bending, stretching, leg and, arm exercises, etc, etc, etc.

I'll begin this morning with walking [to the garage]; back stretches and knee bends [hooking the boat]; full range motions of neck, arms and, legs [driving to the lake]; a second rep of back and leg bends [launching the boat]; additional walking [parking lot to the dock] then, conclude my morning program with lifting weights [1/4-1/2 oz Sonars].  Just to go and show how I believe in physical fitness, by days end I shall repeat the process [in reverse order].

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must begin my routine with warm-ups [packing food and drink] in preparation of "Gone Fishin".

Film at eleven.................  I hope!!

PS. To prevent pain approx. one foot below my lumbar I shall do my best to ignore 'u-kno-who'.

2015/11/29 19:40:46
BeenThereDoneThat.

OH Yoooooooooou.................    WHO! 

I got your pictures..........

Hows This?

And This

Or This????

So There!!!!  

2015/11/29 20:15:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Got on the water just after noon today, light wind out of the North and temp hovering around 38`F.  Two other vehicles with trailers in the parking area and several people fishing from the Marina docks.  

Made several passes across the lake at the dam with no success than, fished the points off of the islands.  Tried Sonars and Bucktails, catching a few Crappie with the Sonars.  Fished the area til dark then moved to the Marina to try my luck jigging for Crappie only to find the wind blowing a bit too strong to try fishing with ultra light in no light.  Tossed a few 1/16 ounce jigs around the launch area but again, not easy and no luck.

Put the Fish Hawk back on her bunks at 6:00 pm with a light north wind blowing and the air temp hovering at 32`F.  Parking area was empty and no one  remained on the Marina docks.

Are the Walleye biting.............  dam'ed if I know!           But, I enjoyed every minute on the water.
2015/11/30 18:09:50
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
That eye you've got BTDT is a good 7-8" over the ones I've gotten lately :). Waded the south end Wednesday evening. One good hit at sundown that I somehow managed to miss. Convinced me to stay another hour, with no more action. Probably give it another shot this week.
2015/11/30 18:41:18
BeenThereDoneThat.
Sat. Sun. and, Mon. looking to be shaping up for trips back to the lake.  One if not two of those days I'm targeting the crappie for sure.  I'm thinking two rods with small fatheads below slip bobbers and one rod with jigs and tubes.    

Not long ago I fished with a guy that did pretty darn good catching nice Crappie fishing three rods using slip bobbers on, Shenango.  Of course I had to keep the White Bass chasing jigs and away from his live bait.  Dude did well and, he was funny as heck to watch, trying to figure out which rod was connected to the slip bobber that just submerged.  Looking forward to some fishing in the spring, if he get's his boat put back together.

I'm not seeing any real Walleye catching reports and the scuttlebutt is, the water temp.s are not yet cold enough for a good run of 'eyes.

Good luck if ya get out again Crappie_Slayer, if you make it on the water this weekend, look for the Fish Hawk.  Stop over and say hey or,  bellar from shore and I'll stop and say hey.
2015/11/30 21:44:31
BeenThereDoneThat.
OMG ya gotta check this dude out................  Best be sitting down and forget about the eyeglasses and earrings, watch what he does.

https://youtu.be/p8j0hNMsQtI?t=2 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account