2015/11/23 15:14:58
roygpa
Any suggestions/recommendations on how to approach casting from shore in the evening for walleyes at Pymatuning this time of year up until the ice forms? What kind of shore line to look for shallow VS deep, what king of lures to use? Cast parallel or perpendicular to shore? Upwind or downwind side of the lake? Seems I always have the wind blowing in my face.   Waders needed or not? From what I have read, the eyes can come in really shallow looking for dinner, like 6 inches or less. Was going to give it a try on Saturday, but had to leave the lake due to medical reasons. She's OK, so I might get another shot the day after Thanksgiving.

Thanks in advance.
Roy
2015/11/23 15:35:35
waders indeed.  floating raps, size 11, silver, chartreuse, chrome.  fish points and 'gravel bars' in the evening to sunset.  walleye chop has always been best but i do avoid an east wind.  maybe based on old adages or decades of experience.  you may also bump into some smallies or jumbos fishing these conditions.
2015/11/23 17:19:55
marco
roygpa,  cant help you on the eyes because ..quite frankly..i suck a catching them in the fall...tried everything I knew this fall and did squat.  I even tried fishing w BTDT and REGISTERED...THAT WAS A FLOP!but if crappies interest you I may be able to help.  but..don't take that to the bank because everytime I try to help I look like an idiot!  but..i did catch a bunch the other day and goin back at 2 tom.  pm me if yr interested...I will give you all my tips and you will have a great day!...but you might not catch a fish either!...I really do try...does not work but I am meeting some great folks and having fun!!!  good luck brother!
2015/11/23 18:15:32
outasync
I'll be up there either Friday or Saturday evening most likely.
2015/11/23 21:18:18
BeenThereDoneThat.
marco
roygpa,  cant help you on the eyes because ..quite frankly..i suck a catching them in the fall...tried everything I knew this fall and did squat.  I even tried fishing w BTDT and REGISTERED...THAT WAS A FLOP!but if crappies interest you I may be able to help.  but..don't take that to the bank because everytime I try to help I look like an idiot!  but..i did catch a bunch the other day and goin back at 2 tom.  pm me if yr interested...I will give you all my tips and you will have a great day!...but you might not catch a fish either!...I really do try...does not work but I am meeting some great folks and having fun!!!  good luck brother!

If I dooooo, I get a wicking.........  

I dood it!!!!

Marcos!   You can say that again.................
2015/11/24 09:30:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Just trying to have a little fun, Rap and, keep the "doldrums at bay".  Not much going on otherwise, at least not until White-Tailed Deer, gun season starts in PA. next week and then, I'll get my due.  Paybacks are said to be hell; I think I'm about to find out if that's true.

Pymie reports I've been getting; Some crappie and perch along with an occasional 'eye'.

Happy Thanksgiving to; you and yours, from me and mine.
2015/11/24 09:33:09
registered
rap
waders indeed.  floating raps, size 11, silver, chartreuse, chrome.  fish points and 'gravel bars' in the evening to sunset.  walleye chop has always been best but i do avoid an east wind.  maybe based on old adages or decades of experience.  you may also bump into some smallies or jumbos fishing these conditions.

Rap,
Thanks, Much appreciate the tips.
You fit in more than you know.
rob
2015/11/24 20:33:51
BeenThereDoneThat.
Hi..........  did ya miss me?

Well I been busy.

Fishing at Pymie so I was and, will be tomorrow too.

Hit the water at 12:00 and headed for home at 6:00.  Beautiful day, light wind cloudy and 47` F.

Before days end, three other boats could be seen.

Several people fishing from the Marina docks.

Thank-you and good night,
2015/11/24 23:54:46
CAPTAIN HOOK
Nice report BTDT but something was missing...........fish catching numbers !   Have a nice day !
2015/11/25 13:02:24
CAPTAIN HOOK
Come on Walcat he's got to be catching something !

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account