2015/11/14 13:34:23
BeenThereDoneThat.
Honestly fellows, it was just after dark on 10/31; I was standing on one of the docks  tying up my boat getting ready to head home.  I looked out and on the water there was this really old dude standing in his boat.  I mean this guy was old, even older than Walcat, and by the model of his Starcraft so was his boat but, surprisingly, looking as if it were new.

"Catch anything" he quizzed; "Nah" , I quipped "How 'bout you" I asked;  "It's 'cause you're leaving at the start of the bite" he said.  "Gotta use [censored] in [spotburn] ft. of water by first light or just after dark.  I been limiting out the last couple of nights" he jeered.

So, now you guys are saying that you have never seen this guy, even though he told me he fishes that same area every night til freeze up?

I find that strange unless, you guys are just funnin' me and, pulling my leg.  Which, I think you arrrrrr...... ummmmm you don't suppose, given the night, that I may have been hearing A fishing story and talking to the ghost of, catching past?
2015/11/14 14:35:24
registered
BeenThereDoneThat.
Honestly fellows, it was just after dark on 10/31; I was standing on one of the docks  tying up my boat getting ready to head home.  I looked out and on the water there was this really old dude standing in his boat.  I mean this guy was old, even older than Walcat, and by the model of his Starcraft so was his boat but, surprisingly, looking as if it were new.

"Catch anything" he quizzed; "Nah" , I quipped "How 'bout you" I asked;  "It's 'cause you're leaving at the start of the bite" he said.  "Gotta use [censored] in [spotburn] ft. of water by first light or just after dark.  I been limiting out the last couple of nights" he jeered.

So, now you guys are saying that you have never seen this guy, even though he told me he fishes that same area every night til freeze up?

I find that strange unless, you guys are just funnin' me and, pulling my leg.  Which, I think you arrrrrr...... ummmmm you don't suppose, given the night, that I may have been hearing A fishing story and talking to the ghost of, catching past?

I think I know that guy. If I recall correctly his name is "YSHBHY".
The name itself is derived from the ancient Nordic seafaring language.
In English it translates to: You should have been here yesterday.
2015/11/14 17:57:38
CAPTAIN HOOK
Payback it's for real  !

2015/11/14 18:56:32
BeenThereDoneThat.
You guys ain't right........ but, funny as heck!        

Cleaning out the boat tomorrow, will be taking one fishing rod, one tackle box, one lunch, one propane heater and, one pair of insulated gutchies for  Monday.

Oh yeah,  also one hurt ego.........  didn't get my deer.    Yet......! stupid deer!
2015/11/15 07:59:26
BeenThereDoneThat.
With the third biggest (OMG) El Nino in history (and it's building(Ohhhh Noooo!)) yinz down south may jus' get that cold this year.

Freeze the balls off your pool table!
2015/11/15 20:16:26
CAPTAIN HOOK
Walcat, you ain't right ! I got one for you too !

Look what hit my Rap today fishing, while you guys watched football all day. It's a mini version of what I was after......

2015/11/15 23:11:59
chauncy
Casting or trolling?
2015/11/15 23:27:32
BeenThereDoneThat.
Chauncy, you gonna make it to Pymie tomorrow?

Captain, I would been right there with ya today, man my thoughts were nowhere else.  Wife suggested we hang Christmas lights today and I looked her right square in the eye and said "have at it"!!     Sorry I couldn't make it.   Geez, the little lady seems to be losing her sense of humor lately.

Great pictures too.
2015/11/16 09:30:50
CAPTAIN HOOK
I cheated on you guys, stuck down to Shenango River with my boy. Nothing great , just had some fun wading and casting in November on a nice day. I got a picture and a story coming up soon. Great weather !
2015/11/16 12:00:08
CAPTAIN HOOK
No nothing to brag about just a little Fall action.......

Who said Catfish ain't pretty ?

Caught this one in the wife's washing machine.....look how clean he is ......LOL

It's still a "dam" nice place to fish !

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account