2015/10/20 13:33:38
marco
ok guys here is my report and I did not even go fishing.  Just talked to my buddie whose friend is fishing as we speak.  lake is very very low.  he is stuck on a sand bar as we speak.  I would like to go but I am sure sure I could get my boat in the water.  is it that bad?   anybody here anything on  the eye bite.  BTDT..your awful quiet!

2015/10/20 21:48:42
BeenThereDoneThat.
Shhhhhhhhhh  I'm hunting the ewusive wascally whitetails..................  heheheheheheheheh!

Going to try my best to make it to Pymatuning bright and early tomorrow afternoon.  Unfortunately, if the lake is in a drastic (death to the weeds) draw down, I'm thinking the normal walleye bite for this time of the year............. ain't gonna happen!

Stupid, been around for years, invasive stupid weeds.  Did I mention how stupid those stupid invasive weeds are?  Stupid weeds anyway!

2015/10/20 23:35:27
frost
The lake is extremely low right now! It's lower than I've seen it in a long time. Is it because of the seeds of they doing it seeing they're redoing the linesville marina and want to make it easier to dredge it and do all the work they have planned?
2015/10/20 23:55:52
BeenThereDoneThat.
Not according to the locals I've spoken with Frost, it is said the work doesn't require adjusting the level.  However, there is a big push to rid the lake of that horrible non-native species of weed called Hydrilla https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrilla One way to rid any body of weed overtaking the shoreline is to drop the water level below the weed line during winter months.

The other way of course, buy as much aquatic herbicide from Uncle Charlies Herbicide Mfg. as may be required and dump it in the water to kill all the aquatic plant life in the deeper water.

So much for fishing Pymie this fall.
2015/10/21 09:41:04
mopars0
Didn't hurt that I put my boat away for the winter already then .... Lol. Sitting in my stand right now .... You guessed it pretty slow here too .... Oh well guess I'll go check my cameras pretty soon ......
2015/10/21 21:27:26
marco
BTDT...where is the pics and the report...I hope yr not still out there stranded on a sand bar!...I got a feeling your report will have us howling!
2015/10/21 22:35:33
BeenThereDoneThat.

True meaning of dry dock

No problem launching at Jamestown Marina today except for the kids fishing from the dock and the hairy old guys trying to get their stupid sailboats on a trailer.   I just pulled in when this old dude comes puttering into the docks with a 22 ft. sail boat.  Now I don't begrudge someone using the docks for taking out his sailboat but, this old coot has to come in between two docks taking up two slips.  Well at least the old boy had some help and dang good he did because he now needed help disconnecting his sailboat trailer from the back of his truck so, he could access his tool box.  I continued watching these two trying to open the back window of the truck cap as I launched my boat and parked my vehicle.  Somebody figured something out cause I could see these two fellas making their way to the boat with a tool box just as I entered the main lake and headed south.  Couldn't help wondering why they didn't re-hook the boat trailer to the back of the truck when it dawned on me, these two idjits are taking up two dock spaces while they drop the mast and rigging on that boat.

Returning to the dock just before sunset, myself along with other boaters were greeted by three juvenile delinquents taking up the full side of one dock with their fishing gear.  Not one pole mind ya, looked like each had three poles each along with tackle boxes, bait containers, extra clothing, etc.  

Man-o-man did that bring back the memories and had me wishing I still had a jet drive on my boat.   

Now to add salt to injury, I didn't do squat crap fishing and missed a heck of a opportunity to hollar........ TSUNAMI!!!
2015/10/22 15:07:13
ZelieSam
BeenThereDoneThat.Returning to the dock just before sunset, myself along with other boaters were greeted by three juvenile delinquents taking up the full side of one dock with their fishing gear.  Not one pole mind ya, looked like each had three poles each along with tackle boxes, bait containers, extra clothing, etc. 

Are you allowed to fish on the docks at Pymie?  That'll get you rung up at Arthur.  After I throw you and your BS into the lake, btw.  Bad enough 3/4 of the people who launch and retrieve act like they've never done it before, but now I have to dodge idiots and their gear?  Nope.   
2015/10/22 23:11:40
BeenThereDoneThat.
I have to assume that fishing from the boat docks is prohibited at all PFBC maintained launch sights.  However, I have been known to be 'somewhat' incorrect a time or two.

Just as in today, I was 'somewhat' incorrect in thinking that the stupid fish would be hitting at Pymie....................  NOT!
I was also........  'somewhat' incorrect in assuming that I would catch something resembling a WALLEYE but, nooooooooo!

Yesterday there was numerous (as in; I didn't count) boats on the water.  Today there was less than numerous (as in; three) boats on the water.  Guess the guys from yesterday assumed the fish would not be biting today and of course they were 'somewhat' correct cause I caught only one  colorless (as in; washed out) crappie.

Did see a dandy 'eye' caught, by a happy angler today, but that was it.

Gotta git to bed, have to get up bright and early tomorrow afternoon and try 'er again.

PS. I didn't get to the lake until late afternoon today, my alarm didn't go off (as in; didn't get set).

2015/10/23 08:15:07
marco
BTDT....your killing me!  don't give up...

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account