2017/11/15 06:30:32
chauncy
I hope no one got hurt. Sounds like a tornado touchdown. I've been in SW Ky since last Wednesday.
2017/11/15 08:42:17
roygpa
From what I understand, there were some injuries but no deaths. The tornado crossed the lake and also did damage along Burns Road, Westford Road and Scott Road. 
2017/11/15 10:41:59
BeenThereDoneThat.
NWS claims it was a "Macro Burst" of straight lined winds.   The number one claim to tornado vs straight line winds is the twisting of trees rather than being snapped off.  Crop fields are also said to show this effect.

Well be those winds from a twister or macro burst, I for one am glad I wasn't in the path of that storm, which are not all that uncommon to NW PA.

Roygpa, if you have family, friends or, neighbors affected by that storm and especially the injured, please let them know they are in our prayers.  Unfortunately, at this time, that's the best I can do otherwise I'd be volunteering with come-along; power winch and; chainsaw in hand.  BTDT
2017/11/15 13:01:17
roygpa
I heard at first the NWS said straight line winds, but after they came to the Williamsfield are they said EF2 tornado.
link

Thanks, BTDT. All the neighbors and friends in the area of our cottage made it through OK. Our place is just a few miles north of where the tornado cross the lake. 
2017/11/15 13:45:32
CAPTAIN HOOK
Yea that storm got ugly up that way .

Do any fishing there Kenny ?
2017/11/15 18:41:57
CAPTAIN HOOK
Tried Pymy tonight wading and pitching Raps.......nothing ...dead ! Did notice the lake is down easily 2-3 foot from normal depth.....lots of weeds still around ....lots of shoreline showing too. Water is very clear too, just no hungry fish. Not many people around....did see two boats out and about.
2017/11/16 08:36:23
Ugly Stik
Fished the river below pymy but the shad are dying and I only had small minnows. Went to the lake and fished off the docks on the south end. Action was slow but I picked up two very decent perch one over a foot long. I saw others getting a few slab crappies. With the wind it was brutal.
2017/11/16 13:55:42
fishin coyote
Working in the area today. Just took a ride down to Snodgrass. Lots of storm damage there and around the snowmobile club. Water is way down and the only ones fishing are the bald eagles.
2017/11/16 14:16:39
chauncy
CAPTAIN HOOK
Yea that storm got ugly up that way .

Do any fishing there Kenny ?
Yes. Got some nice crappies and gills. Caught about ten bass too. Never been down there this late in the year. Took me a couple days to get them patterned.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2017/11/16 15:05:55
BeenThereDoneThat.
Nice Chauncy, very nice.  Congratulations.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account