2015/09/26 10:06:14
CAPTAIN HOOK

Nice pics of Pymy sky's guys. Pymatuning does have the best sunset sky's around no doubt!

2015/09/26 10:13:15
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Slabfinder, surface temp was 69.5° where I was at.
2015/09/26 10:19:29
marco
great pics and posts...keep em coming!
2015/09/26 10:24:12
as always, brock, you pics are awesome.  man, i love that lake.
2015/09/26 10:35:32
registered
Got a little fishing in yesterday. One good drift, missed a few strikes. Wife boated one LM bass and one small perch.
Was looking good until my boat filled up with water across the lake from Snodgrass. Made a dash to the Jamestown launch.
Pulled the boat out and let it drain. Lots of paper in the bilge?
I think a sheet of paper made it's way into the livewell drain?
Put the boat back in and everything was fine with the boat.
Stayed in range of the launch, just incase but no luck with the fish.
Was going to stay out a little after dark but my PITA dog was cranky so I decided I had enough at dusk.
Beautiful evening on the lake and I got to meet BTDT at the dock so my timing wasn't so bad.
My wife got some great pictures of the sunset but this is the only fish picture my dog would let me take.
rob

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2015/09/26 11:18:05
BeenThereDoneThat.

2015/09/26 15:38:24
walcat, i don't disagree that erie sunsets are indeed special, more so from presque isle or conneaut, there is still something akin to remote wilderness on pymatuning at sunset, especially the north end.  whereas lake erie is closer to two hours away, i can make pymy in half that time which makes it even more appealing.  also, i can stand waist deep in the waters of pymy and catch fish while i am also enjoying the last of the daylight.

2015/09/26 16:07:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
walcat
Nice pics of Pymy sky's guys. Pymatuning does have the best sunset sky's around no doubt! 

I disagree. Lake Erie is fantastic. Took pics of sunsets up there since 1965.

Dang Walcat you been going up to Erie all these years.......... they should have a monument of you, depicting your reserved parking space.

PS. Saw your suggestion on the Greenlick thread but, ya know what they say about teaching old dogs..................... 
2015/09/26 22:17:31
CAPTAIN HOOK
Erie has some great ones too !

2015/09/26 22:39:00
CAPTAIN HOOK
Lake Ontario's evening sky while fishing......... I guess every lake has it's own special scenery.

I apologize for posting too many just got carried away after seeing those great Pymy sunsets.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account