2017/08/17 20:45:47
chauncy
Still have time for things to get going up there on the big lake
2017/08/18 15:17:41
CAPTAIN HOOK
Best Summer time bait..........all fish love em !

2017/08/20 14:16:55
EMitch
They are indeed a great bait, but Lord, don't take them to another water. I think the commission says what comes out of one water could be an invasive species in another. Personally, I thought crayfish were crayfish.
2017/08/21 08:22:30
roygpa
Caught our first keeper walleye and 5 eater size catfish yesterday morning south of the causeway drifting night crawlers in 18 to 20 feet of water. Caught them all between 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM and they were fried in Shorelunch and Panko by 2:00 PM.
Great lunch.
Also attended D-Day Conneaut on Saturday which I hadn't heard of prior to this weekend. It is the largest D-Day Reenactment in the work with 1600 volunteer, who play soldiers and civilians from USA, England, Canada, France and Germany. Complete with real tanks, armored vehicles and jeeps fire blank rounds, and duck boats carrying soldiers into the beach. It was amazing.
2017/08/21 09:40:23
CAPTAIN HOOK
I heard that beach show is great to see.
First keeper Eye ?....it's been a bad year for Walleye fishermen on Pymy all year !
Not sure I accept the bait explosion excuse ....what you guys think ?
2017/08/21 09:42:52
roygpa
Yeah I find it funny that I am celebrating having caught my first keeper walleye of the season in August.
2017/08/21 09:52:56
BeenThereDoneThat.
Roy congrats on your catching and thanks for your report.

Did you fry up those cats and what's your take as compared to the Walleye?

Sign me;

Jealous. 🍺
2017/08/21 10:02:54
BeenThereDoneThat.
CAPTAIN HOOK
I heard that beach show is great to see.
First keeper Eye ?....it's been a bad year for Walleye fishermen on Pymy all year !
Not sure I accept the bait explosion excuse ....what you guys think ?

Are you kidding, me catch???

I think you know by now, EVERYBODY would be sick of seeing pictures of any Walleye....... err, fish I caught!

Plus you know I Don't spotburn...... much😒
2017/08/21 10:23:03
roygpa
BTDT:
Yes the catfish was as good as  the walleye. 

My wife is still making fun of me, because when I saw that I had a walleye on the line I started yelling "Net, Net, Net!" loud enough for everyone on the lake to hear me.   It was barely hooked but I didn't know it until I got the fish into the boat.
2017/08/21 10:33:11
BeenThereDoneThat.
HAA HA, Roy good for you. At least you can hook em and get emm to the net.

Glad to hear you found the cats tasty. Now if you excuse me, I must go and cry over the catfish, I've released.😳

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account