2017/08/11 09:31:10
CAPTAIN HOOK
They put nets in every Spring at Pymy, take surveys of species and sizes but don't report info till who knows when. This year they netted on Shenango Lake this Spring also, and still no report yet ! Why does it take over 4 months or longer to get an update on fish data in our local lakes!
What's so secret ? Why so slow ? Incompetence at it's finest ..... State Government !

Just got my registration for my new vehicle only took 12 weeks !....lol 
2017/08/11 10:06:23
DarDys
For the same reason that hunters are required to file their report cards within a few days of a deer kill, thereby proving most of the data (save for the statistically insignificant numbers from late archery and traditional muzzleloader) by the end of December, but the reports don't come out until April or later.
2017/08/11 13:19:23
crappiefisher
rsquared
Still the normal number of carp at the spillway for this time of year? My boys have been asking for a trip up there before school starts to catch some hoovers.

Dave,
Seems to be 'bout the same but larger in avg. sz. Welcome to stop by, only 10 min. from there. Geese startin' to hit fields in the hood.

crappy
2017/08/11 13:47:09
crappiefisher
rsquared
Still the normal number of carp at the spillway for this time of year? My boys have been asking for a trip up there before school starts to catch some hoovers.

Dave,
Seems to be 'bout the same but larger in avg. sz. Welcome to stop by, only 10 min. from there. Geese startin' to hit fields in the hood.

crappy

thanks chris, we might do that!  i'll send ya a pm when we figure out a day, but prob early next week sometime.  my boys would love to see the mayor of lake arthur again!  

2017/08/11 18:51:38
crappiefisher
 I'll be headin' mup Mon. with a load ov mounts & a Buffalo hide & some others. Hope to stay at least a few weeks. Would be good to see u & the boys again also. Gotta set up a log bunk bed so plenty ov room if wanted to stay the night. Haven't wet a line in awhile. Tim bought 2 more boats & another canoe so hope to get out a good bit in Sept.-Oct.. I'll pm u my cell #.

crappy
2017/08/11 20:15:18
crappiefisher
  Hi Rich,

It's difficult to match up all the registrations for the boats & tailors  Purdy much north for now with all the work that needs done. Defiantly good for the soul.

Saw Mike wasn't doing well on Facebook. He was a good man.

As Mike would say,
      GL&TC    
2017/08/11 22:21:54
crappiefisher
The Seagulls were plentiful a few weeks ago & the Geese were startin' to cause havoc earlier this week. Fields out back & across the street were plowed 'bout three weeks ago & planted last week. Shot over 50 hogs between this yr. & last in the yard. The Vultures r eatin' good to say the least   

Don't know how I'll feel or look drivin' mup in a suv with a dozen waterfowl mounts, heck one ov the Geese has a 5' wing span 

crappy
2017/08/14 12:47:39
ICE NUT
Fished today till noon out of espyville. Wife and I did catch a few fish lots o,f cats numerous gills and perch a bass also.Walleye still elusive.but at least we caught quite a few fish.

2017/08/16 11:07:16
chauncy
ICE NUT
Fished today till noon out of espyville. Wife and I did catch a few fish lots o,f cats numerous gills and perch a bass also.Walleye still elusive.but at least we caught quite a few fish.

Bill, we struggled to get a limit of crappies in the cooler but we did manage too. Fished a lot of spots to get them. Most we got in one spot was six keepers out of ten caught. Guess it's time to head to Erie for some perch fishing. Maybe get together and hit the Edward John one day.

2017/08/16 13:15:50
ICE NUT
Kenny,
 Right after u left where we saw you in deeper water I caught a huge crappie and a big channel cat in all we caught a lot of fish just no eyes,few nice perch tons of cats.Crappie came on a bobby garland baby shad with a nibble. Getting together for erie sounds good. Not sure how the Edward jojn is doing this year earlier posts had them struggling.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account