2017/07/29 13:58:31
roygpa
Just watched a couple guys in a boat catch and release a 37 inch musky about 50 yards out from our dock. (About 1.3 miles south of Espyville on the PA side) maybe that fish has been eating all the perch in the area for about the past 6 weeks?
2017/07/30 10:55:14
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Tried to go Friday afternoon. Wasn't anything too bad when I left manning, but shortly after I got it out it turned to straight whitecaps. Rode it out until a wave broke right at the side of the boat and soaked the dog and I. Time to go after that.
2017/08/10 05:14:28
pymafish615
Is the lake as dead as this page has been hoping to get out soon
2017/08/10 05:19:55
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Haven't been over for a few weeks. Erie has been fishing too good.
2017/08/10 14:50:45
pymafish615
Old dog the walleye bite was great into the 1st week of July. The last time I was out was like July 8th and brought home 4.
2017/08/10 17:10:10
ICE NUT
I have a camp at pymatuning and my take on the walleye fishing has been terrible. I fish it probably 2 to 3 times a week since july it has been strickly noting but catfish and a few dink perch and gills. I'm a drifter don't troll maybe they do better.Im in a campground with 180 campers most fish a lot and there all complaining also.Fishing this year just plain sucks its become a panfish lake. If your after cats and crappies you can do ok walleye not so much.Cant even blame it on the weather I know its the dog days but the spring wasn't a whole lot better maybe this fall it will pick up.
2017/08/10 20:09:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
Well yinz certainly ain't been hearing anything from this port-o-call. Mainly because I been doctoring a wallop-a-loozer of a cold for the past three weeks. Guess that's what I get for letting all those chicks hit on me at the wedding.

Did hook the trailer to my car planning on a trip to Wilhelm which didn't happen because I washed the boat and car and backed the boat into the garage, unhooked the trailer and allowed the car to remain parked outside.

Damed if it didn't rain today.

Oh well, I hope to get back in the saddle again and get back to boring yinz with my almost, might have, could have catched a fish. or 2😎

tight lines and good times.🍹 ⬅ Learned about this one at the wedding.
2017/08/10 21:11:19
Kokanee Killer
yes old dog is correct  im stymied too
2017/08/10 22:17:42
Still the normal number of carp at the spillway for this time of year? My boys have been asking for a trip up there before school starts to catch some hoovers.
2017/08/10 23:46:51
CAPTAIN HOOK
I'm still waiting for the Fish Commission to release the 2017 net survey numbers and sizes and species for Pymy and Shenango Lake ! Surely they had to at least get a count ! What takes so long stymies' me !!!!!! This is August they netted in April .
Must not have been that good or they would have posted them right away .
No communication to fishermen in the NW section of Pa. from our beloved biologists ! 
Everything is a big secret now days !

Rich how were the weeds along shore ? 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account