2017/07/10 15:13:16
chauncy
Sam, if you have black crappies in your home lake, they will still be in shallow water all summer. Find the BrushPile's in eight to ten foot that come up to four or five feet below the surface. They'll be there. I'm telling you, they'll be there. Big fish too. As the sun gets higher in the sky, move to the shaded side of the brush. They may stop biting around eleven o'clock but they are still there. Get there early. BTDT time is for jetskiers. Haha.
Brock, I'll tell him if I see him Thursday.
2017/07/10 18:54:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Stupid jetskiers.........

What? Wait, not on Pymie!!!

At least not til they make em in 20 horse.
2017/07/11 09:28:31
ZelieSam
Chauncy - majority of crappie in Aurthur are black, at least 5 to 1.  And we catch scattered ones all summer long, but one of the problems with Arthur is that there isn't any deep brush.  Well, not NONE, but very little.  The commission drops trees along the shoreline, and you can find an occasional sunken fish attractor.  But the glory days of good brush are long gone.  

Your advice is still good though.  I need to put in some time on the sonar and find those slabs.  Tried to lure BTDT down last weekend but he ditched me.  The rejection stings a little.  
2017/07/11 09:50:12
BeenThereDoneThat.
I'm sorry😳...... I know I missed a good time.

But the family home from Texas for a week followed by, a wedding on Sat; welllll Sunday was 😴 time for this Ole boy.

I thought maybe a raincheck but this week, looks like all we'll git dun is checking the rain.

Which I might add, was projected by Captain Hook cause he sayed not to water the garden (which I don't have), thank him very much.😋

PS. Having the family home was great and the wedding was beautiful but the goodest part was all the hugs and kisses I got cause I'm just sooo dam cute.

Free booze didn't hurt either..... til Sunday!!!
2017/07/11 10:44:20
CAPTAIN HOOK
BeenThereDoneThat.

PS. Having the family home was great and the wedding was beautiful but the goodest part was all the hugs and kisses I got cause I'm just sooo dam cute.

Good thing I got my waders on......it's getting deep !....lol
2017/07/11 15:04:47
chauncy
Sam, I'm sure that some of that shoreline brush they put in isn't producing any good fishing. Make a three foot rebar hook. Grab those trees and drag them out to the drop off and drop them there. Don't let people see you doing it as they'll claim those spots as their own. I've done this many times on my home Lake and made some pretty productive spots. Doesn't have to be done at night either. Did mine at sunrise. First trailer in the lot. Remember to scout your spot out first so you know how far to drag it.
2017/07/11 15:58:21
CAPTAIN HOOK
So that's where all my trees went !...lol
2017/07/11 16:25:16
BeenThereDoneThat.
He hee.......
2017/07/11 17:31:58
opsman
So people who don't have the luxury of a thousand dollars worth of electronics, use the maps that tell them there are trees sunken off shore, and are sitting over barren spots?  Nice, poor saps........
2017/07/11 21:35:25
BeenThereDoneThat.
I dunno, I happen to know a really nice guy who has some expensive electronics, rods, reels, boxes of baits and other fishing paraphenelia who can't catch fish. And NOW your saying all I need to do is throw tree branches in the water!!! Stupid fish!!!

BTW....... Who needs electronics, I find the brush piles all the time ........ while trolling.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account