2017/07/07 11:55:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
Chauncy that is super cool. Congratulations and be sure to let us know when the story hits the stands.

I had the pleasure of meeting Darryl one day on Wilhelm.

I was Bass fishing along the West side of the causeway when I nailed a Musky.

Unknown to me at the time, Darryl was fishing from a canoe along the south bank.

I have one of the slides Darryl took that day, along with his letter of permission to have pictures made of which a 8 x 10, of me holding the fish, (along with the letter and slide) still hangs on my wall.

If my memory serves me right, that was around 30 years ago.
2017/07/08 16:45:23
pymafish615
Walleye were biting good this morning on the humps and in shallow weed beds
2017/07/08 17:57:29
chauncy
pymafish615
Walleye were biting good this morning on the humps and in shallow weed beds

Headed up in the morning for a few hours. Jig and worm or shallow crankbait?
2017/07/08 20:10:09
pymafish615
Jig and worm drifting
2017/07/09 10:19:10
CAPTAIN HOOK
chauncy
Had the pleasure of doing an on the water interview and photoshoot with Darl Black, a nationally known sportswriter from our area, for an article for Crappienow magazine, thursday morning. Showed him some techniques and new baits that have been producing for me this season. Managed to catch around twenty fish in two hours. Four different species too. The article may not come out until next season. Had a fun time putting it together with him.

Congrats to you !   You are the Crappie King ! 
Looks like Como aka Striper Guy is in the fishing article spotlight now Chauncy......
Where you hiding Rick ?  Must of painted that boat camo !...lol

http://www.fishandboat.com/Transact/AnglerBoater/AnglerBoater2017/JulyAugust/Documents/2017-0708ja-02shenango.pdf
2017/07/09 14:53:08
chauncy
Rick is killin em on Shenango. I talk with him and Julie almost every time I go there. Haven't been on Shenango since mid may tho. The skiers come out too early to enjoy fishing there for me. They're out at 7:30 nowadays. Bump that. I'll travel the extra fifteen minutes and fish Squito or Jamestown area.
2017/07/09 20:07:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
After being out and about, and now recovering from attendance to a wedding and reception party yesterday, I decided it may be in my best interest to just lay low. So I thought I would do a little research, of which could be accomplished, from a reclined position.

Not having visited a popular body of water in the past few weeks I thought perhaps I would go "straight to the horses mouth" and see how the fishing has been. Amazing, the information I found in a in-depth report by the very people responsible for overseeing and protecting such a wonderful heritage in Penn's Woods.

Without further ado I present you with that report.

Posted July 5 2017 on the PBFC fishing report for NW Pennsylvania Wilds.

"Pymatuning Reservoir
Anglers are catching Largemouth Bass; but they have to work for them". ~ PFBC

Huh.... I'll be dammed!!!

I gotta git, I have a headache.😣
2017/07/10 08:41:00
chauncy
My buddy Tim and I fished the south end for panfish Sunday. Six different spots and we had our two limits of keeper crappies. Decided to do a little bluegill fishing and found some good size ones a bit deeper than the beds we fished last month. Kept a dozen eight inchers. We fished deep for the crappies. All were taken in fourteen to seventeen foot and the gills were taken in six. All were caught on plastics from Bobby Garland baits and a new company this year, to me, pour house custom baits.
2017/07/10 09:20:28
ZelieSam
Dude... 14-17 fow is like work.  That's the difference between us hacks and the Chauncys of the world.  Once those fish go south of 6 feet they are safe from me.  
2017/07/10 09:20:48
CAPTAIN HOOK
Just curious wonder when the Fish Commish will release their 2017 Spring reports on the netting numbers for both Pymy and Shenango ? I was told the nets were full of Walleye at Pymy ( so they say ) ,but it would be nice to see some numbers as compared to other years . Shenango had nets in up near Parkers Landing this Spring also. What was in them ?

Here it is July and still no numbers posted seems it shouldn't take that long to post a report from early Spring !!!! 

Chauncy tell Rick I said hello and toss a few Stripers back for me to catch. I don't do Facebook so tell him to drop back in here at FE once in awhile.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account